I hope you all are having a great week!
- Per my last post, I definitely should have included the Children’s Heart Foundation info! I knew about the Foundation, but often slips my mind because the AAA is so prevalent in our area, and while it’s a great organization, I do appreciate the Children’s Heart Foundation greatly. Emily left a comment as a good reminder:
Have you ever heard of The Children’s Heart Foundation (www.childrensheartfoundation.org)? They are the only foundation that is exclusively meant to support research for congenital heart defects. It was started by a good friend of my family after they suddenly lost their 8-year-old son. It is now a huge foundation that has awarded over $6 million in research towards CHD since it was started (I think around 15-20 years ago). I worked with them my senior year of high school for an internship. A really shocking statistic I read was for every dollar that the government spends on heart related research, only a fraction of a penny goes towards CHD–and that is why Children’s Heart Fiundation was started. I would love for you to check them out!
- I’m home with Sloane today as she has double ear infections 🙁 Thankfully, they aren’t causing her any pain, but I noticed her breathing was a little heavy for a day or two and last night her fever spiked pretty high and she got chills, so I took her in. Sure enough, yucky ears. Negative flu and RSV, thankfully. Gracious, this time of year is rough. Both kids have been negative for the flue so I think it’s just been allergies from our 80 degree day and 20 degree mornings.
- Sloane missed her Valentine Celebration today at school 🙁 Bummed for her, but we sent her treats for her friends with Knox 🙂
- Thanks to my sweet friend, Heather, at Embellishology for making this cute cards 🙂
- It was beautiful this past weekend so Brent and I met some friends and took our kiddos to lunch and the park!
- A box from Magnolia Bakery arrived this morning. Can’t hardly beat that on a Wednesday morning!
- We are still working on our “big kid rooms” 🙂 That’s partly saying that I’m really stretching it out because I don’t really look forward to putting them in their own rooms, ha! They are so cute together.
- And this, this is just like they did when they were bitty babies. Heads next to each other.
- These caught my eye at Target last night. I had one this morning, but couldn’t get a real taste for them as I’ve got some allergies going on so my taste is all off. We’ve been eating Van’s gluten free waffles for several years now and I think they are pretty good and Knox and Sloane actually have one every morning. I do appreciate that Kellogg’s is doing gluten free for Eggo.
- Did anyone know there is a another “Steel Magnolias?” A replica except in modern day and with Queen Latifah and other actors? I didn’t think it was awful, but it was weird to hear them say and do everything word for word, movement for movement as the original,haha.