I’m a pretty basic makeup girl most of the time.
Every now and then I’ll have a function to go to and I’ll change it up a bit. Occasionally, I’ll wear a bit more if we are going to dinner or someplace during the evening.
I recently had the opportunity to explore some fun, different looks with Mary Kay®, who is the Official Beauty Sponsor of Project Runway® Season 13!
With the products that Mary Kay® sent me, I attempted to re-create two stunning looks that Global Makeup Artist, Luis Casco, featured on the latest season of Project Runway®.
The first look is the Graphic Eye Look.
The items used for this are:
– Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Moonstone
– Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Driftwood
– Mary Kay® Eye Crease Brush
– Mary Kay At Play™ Bold Fluid Eyeliner – Blue My Mind
– Mary Kay® Gel Eyeliner With Expandable Brush Applicator
– Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder – Light-Medium
– Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder – Medium-Dark
– Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara™ – Black
– Mary Kay® True Dimensions® Lipstick – Pink Chérie
– Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss – Au Naturel
– Mary Kay® Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinävia
– Mary Kay® Powder Brush
– Mary Kay® Cheek Brush
I would say for the most part, if you are wearing make-up, you probably know how to apply these items. However, the most important part of this look is the eyes.
I started out with the Moonstone Mineral Eye Color as a base all over the lid. I then put the Driftwood Mineral Eye Color in the crease and underneath the eye to create depth. For the liner, I used two different ones. I used the pretty “Blue My Mind” Bold Fluid Eyeliner and I used the “Jet Black” gel liner. As for the blue one, you apply by starting at the upper inner corner of the eye and bring over to the middle of the lid. Then, you take the black and start at the outer corner until it meets the blue!
This look didn’t take me too long and I loved getting a different look! It was my first time to use liners like these and I really liked how the black went on and the applicator brush.
I think this gives the eyes kind of a 60’s retro look!
The next look I re-created was the Emerald Smoke Look.
The items are used for this look are:
– Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color – Meadow Grass
– Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Emerald
– Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color – Lime
– Mary Kay® Eye Smudger Brush
– Mary Kay® Eyeliner – Black
– Mary Kay® Lash Love® Lengthening™ Mascara – I ♥ _Black
– Mary Kay® Liquid Foundation Brush
– Mary Kay® Cream Blush – Cranberry
– Mary Kay® Lip Liner – Cappuccino
– Mary Kay® True Dimensions® Lipstick – Mystic Plum
– Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder
– Mary Kay® Eye Color Brush
– Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush
Again, I had used basic make-up before, but this look definitely had a few new techniques. I had never really used cream blush or cream eye shadow, much less brushes that helped apply them.
I put the Meadow Grass Cream Eye Color all over the lid for a base. I really liked the cream. It wasn’t thick or sticky like I thought it might be. It went on smooth with the eye shadow cream brush. I then put the Lime and Emerald Mineral Eye Colors on, followed by the black eye liner and Lash Love® Lengthening™ Mascara – I ♥ _Black.
The Lip Liner and True Dimensions® Lipstick were both pretty dark, but I like dark sometimes and thought the Cappuccino and Mystic Plum were both pretty. I put a little bit of Translucent Loose Powder to finish up.
I really think both looks are super fun! I did this while the kiddos were napping and as soon as they woke up, they told me how much how they LOVED the green eye shadow 🙂
Here are some of the items!
Now for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card and a Mary Kay® gift pack, tell me in the comments below, which one look do you fancy the most? Graphic Eye or Emerald Smoke?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2014-10/7/2014.
Be sure to visit the Mary Kay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!