I’ve always been a fan of rice. I don’t eat it a ton, but it often completes any meal. I have quite a few recipes in which I include rice, and sometimes, it’s great as just a side.
Since I have Celiac disease, I have to eat gluten free, and thankfully rice is 🙂
Rice is a staple in our pantry and you can pretty much always find some sort of variety, and usually there are several options.
I feel like I can remember Success® Rice being in our pantry when I was younger. It was also one of those things I felt like I grew up eating. I can see the box in my head.
Success Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. It’s pre-portioned, BPA-free boil-in-bag means no mess, no measuring involved.
I recently decided to make a dish with Success Jasmine Rice. It is actually the only boil-in-bag Jasmine Rice available. I do always kind of think of Thai recipes when I think of Jasmine Rice, which for the most part, I enjoy. I did a little brainstorming and browsing and came up with maybe the most delicious dish I’ve ever cooked.
I think I will call it Orange-Cilantro Chicken Stir-Fry 🙂
I really was impressed.
I’m pretty sure Brent also agreed that this was maybe his favorite dish that I’ve done 🙂
After I go a bit without eating Jasmine Rice, I forget how much I like it. I like the texture and flavor, and once mixed with other ingredients, it really is so good.
I can most definitely tell a difference in rice that is boiled on the stove and rice that is heated in the microwave. To me, the stove cooked tastes more fresh. It really is a quick process, too, so it doesn’t add any time onto prepping.
2 (1 1/2 -2lbs) packages chicken tenders, cut into smaller pieces
2 bags of Success Jasmine Rice
1 orange, zest
1 cup cilantro, chopped finely
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips & cut in half
1/4 cup scallions
1/2 yellow onion, chopped finely
3 tablespoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons EVOO
Salt & pepper to taste
– In a large saucepan, boil the Jasmine Rice with the orange zest. I shredded the skin of one medium/large orange.
– In large skillet, put EVOO, garlic, yellow onion and chicken. Cook on medium for about 4 minutes.
– Mix in everything else, except the rice, and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and carrots, peppers and onions are soft. The cilantro will cook down quickly. I added a little bit of zest during this step as well as salt and pepper. If you add salt and pepper after you add the Jasmine Rice, it’s more likely to only stick to the rice.
– Add Jasmine Rice and stir/mix well. Keep skillet on low. Make sure there is still a little liquid in the bottom or add a little more EVOO.
I made a peanut sauce to drizzle over the top once on plate.
2 tablespoons peanut butter – I used an organic smooth, but probably something more flavorful would be ideal 😉
1/4 cup soy sauce – I used gluten-free so if using regular, you might want to do less.
1 orange, juiced. (I just squeezed it very, very well to get juice 🙂 ) #savingtime
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
Orange zest, this I did to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste
I would say the whole process takes about 30 minutes. Maybe quicker had I been using a recipe, haha.
I like a lot of cilantro and though it seems like a lot, it cooks down quite a bit. I added some uncooked to garnish on top.
Serves 4-6 good sized portions.
I think doing rice with this dish really made it a heartier meal, which is great considering it didn’t take long to make.
A few things to note:
– Success Rice has four different varieties: Whole Grain Brown Rice, White Rice, Thai Jasmine and Basmati Rice. So, it’s nice to have a box on hand at all time. Which is great, again, because there are portioned bags.
– The Success Rice website has tons of great recipes to use with the 4 different varieties. I browsed this when getting inspiration for what I wanted to make. It all sounded and looked wonderful.
– You can get a $.50 off coupon here.
AND… you can enter to win $100 Visa gift card!!
Just tell me – What is your family’s go-to recipe with rice? Do you use rice in recipes or mostly as a side-dish?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#MealTimeSuccess” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/5-5/31.
Be sure to visit the Success Rice brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!