***If you want to link up with Midweek Randoms this week, you can find it here.
This may be a surprise to no one, but I love lip wear! (lip stuff? what do you guys think I should call it?)
I honestly like options with most things that I like. I like to have an option of colors, glosses, shines, long-lasting color, chapstick and well, the list goes on 😉
This may give you some idea…
Of course I have my go-to products, but they do change. They change by season, by day & night, by the color I’m loving, depending on the week and my mood. I have all different prices, some unopened and some that I’ve had quite a long time. If I like it, though, I keep it. I just know one day it’s the one I will want to wear.
I do love features of lipsticks that are long-lasting, but they do tend to dry my lips out if I don’t stay on top of the second, clear coat. Needless to say, I don’t sport that every day. I typically wear it to an event that I’ll be at for a bit, but won’t want to be applying lipstick.
I kind of go with darker colors in the evening and lighter colors during the day, especially during spring and summer.
During the day, I typically go with a balm. I like something that has a little shine, but not a thick gloss. I also like a little color. I usually don’t want it to be bright and pop all too much just being a daytime look. So, needless to say I was thrilled when given the opportunity to try out ALMAY Color + Care™ Liquid Lip Balm.
I love it!
There are ten colors to pick from!
The color is subtle and there is a little shine, but it’s not so much a thick gloss. I think one of the quickest things I noticed after rubbing my lips together, is it felt like it had made my lips soft and smooth, not sticky! After doing a little research, from Almay, on ALMAY Color + Care™ Liquid Lip Balm, I found that:
– It instantly more than doubles lip hydration so lips feel twice as moisturized after use.
– It nourishes lips with 194% more moisture for softer, smoother lips over time.
– It is hypoallergenic; Dermatologist tested
– It is GLUTEN FREE – This is always great to hear because not many beauty products indicate.
It doesn’t dry up or rub off when I’m talking, so that’s definitely a plus.
All in all, this one will definitely be one that I hang on to and I may just buy the other 6 colors 🙂 It will probably be one that I alternate colors and keep in my purse because I think it would even look pretty for day and to wear over a lipstick at night, to lock in moisture!
I definitely get out more on the weekends since it’s tricky with Knox & Sloane at this age, so that is really the time when I think about picking out an outfit and lip wear 🙂
Tell me: How do you get your favorite weekend look??
Leave a comment at the end of this post with your answer and you will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 7/31/13-8/27/13. Be sure to visit the Almay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!