I love granola bars, but most aren’t labeled to be gluten free. I just posted about some here, but the next time I went to Target they still didn’t have any. I asked and they are no longer carrying them. I’ve not been able to find them at any other store 🙁
I saw this recipe a while back on With Style & Grace and thought they looked delicious.
I thought they were really good. I loved the combination of these ingredients. Knox & Sloane liked them, but they did not stay together very well. I think next time maybe more honey so they will stick better. I think these only have 1/3 cup. What do you do in your granola bars to make them stick?
1 3/4 cups gluten-free oats
1 3/4 cup gluten-free rice cereal or rice krispies (used rice krispies)
½ cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup ground flax seed (didn’t use this)
1/3-1/2 cup honey (used close to 1/3, probably wasn’t enough)
1/3 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips – or replace with dried fruit
– Cut parchment paper to fit a 9×13 or 8″ pan. (used 9×3)
– Combine oats, cereal, coconut and flaxseed in a bowl and mix together.
– In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix honey, brown sugar and salt. Stir until it comes to a slight boil.
– Remove from heat, stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until incorporated.
– Pour the warm mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
– Let cool for about 20 minutes or so before mixing in the chocolate chips. Add mixture to the prepared pan and with a piece of parchment paper; press down to even out the surface. Place in a safe spot [out of reach from tiny hands or pets] and cover with a paper towel or cloth and let sit for a few hours to let everything set.
– Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
I hope you enjoy these! Let me know if you make them, what you think and if you make any changes!
*Be sure to enter the Erin Condren giveaway! She is giving away TEN planners and a $500 shopping spree!