I love spaghetti squash!
This is also a dish that Knox & Sloane will eat. I do turkey meat in the sauce and as long as the meat isn’t in tiny pieces, they can handle it pretty good. I don’t put much of the squash on their plate at once as it can be a bit more chewy than noodles.
Brent is really opting for it now, more so than noodles, since he’s doing Paelo.
– Can be REALLY hard to cut, so use your sharpest and strongest knife; a big one.
– Cut it long ways and once it’s cut, scrap the center out. You will be able to tell what needs to come out.
– Fill a glass baking dish up with about 1/2 inch of water.
– Put both squash halves in, side by side and cover tightly with Cling Wrap.
– Microwave for 10 minutes then check to see if insides are soft. If not, cook more in 5 min increments.
– Once done, hold squash with hot glove/towel and scrap insides into bowl witha fork.
You can season with salt, pepper, EVOO, etc.
I know there are all kinds of recipes out there. I’ve it mixed with pesto, alfredo, veggies, etc.
We did spaghetti sauce last night…
Using a slow cooker makes doing homemade sauce yummy…
2.5lbs ground turkey
1 – 20oz can tomato sauce
3 – 6oz cans tomato paste
2 cups water
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1 green pepper, chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
1 tablespoon of dried Italian Seasoning
2 Bay leaves (remove before eating)
Cook meat, onion and pepper together then add remaining ingredients. Stir about every 20 minutes. The simmering will make it thicken, so you can add water based on the consistency that you want it. You can cook for as long as you want in the slow cooker, but an hour or two gets the job done!