I promise I will to to start harping on this milestone soon, haha!
All went well at their appointment. They are both right on track :)
Sloane is almost 21 pounds and Knox is almost 19 pounds. They are both about a pound under what we thought, but right where they need to be. They definitely feel more heavy to us all the time.
They actually measured the same height, but it's very obvious when they stand next to each other that Sloane is slightly taller.
Knox's allergy test looked pretty clear. He has an allergy to bananas and a small one to milk, but it's not too bad. He did a 21 day dose of steroids and his last dose was Saturday. His skin is still looking pretty good so we are hoping it stays that way. The doctors are thinking viruses trigger his skin, but overall he has some allergies and eczema. We are going to be doing a patch test in the near future.
We are going to get off forumla, thank goodness, and start almond milk. I got the okay on that from the Pediatrician and Pediatric Allergist. I had been thinking I really didn't want to do cow's milk for a while, and I've been debating almond or goat. I'm hoping we can start this next week so still a few days to decide which.
Knox has an appointment for his eye (Ptosis) again in a few months. He does look worse this week, but I think every few months it does because of growth spurts.
At a year:
- crawling super fast
- into everything
- when we say "come on, Knox, let's walk"...he throws his hands above his head, smiles really big and - throws himself straight forward, falling down.
- he walks when holding onto things
- says "mama" "dada" and will mouth words I say, but not say a lot
- loves to 'talk' to Sloane while they are in their crib. he jabbers
- super ticklish.
- giggles a LOT
- eight teeth - going to see the dentist soon because his top palette is a little squeezed
- loves to clap and occasionally will blow kisses blows kisses
- a little picky on food, but is getting better all the time
- favorite food is probably vanilla greek yogurt
- favorite toy is drums, but he loves to stack things up
- loves for his daddy to hold him
- she is a clown. constantly laughing at things
- walking! she has been up and going for a few weeks, but just this week started going it everywhere
- gets shy around people and takes a while to warm up to people
- loves to pat her belly, blow kisses and calp
- she loves her grammy, a lot
- says "mama" "dada" and mocks just about anything else. she will say ball and book pretty good
- likes to headbutt..then laugh
- eight teeth, but I think she is close to more. she has her hand in her mouth non stop this week
- loves most food and eats fast
- favorite food is probably cheese quesadillas
- favorite toy might be her baby doll. she loves to give it kisses
- loves when her daddy gets home from work and immediately yells "dada"
- loves to Face Time on the phonw
Brent went with me to their appointment today. Let me tell you, I can't imagine having been there alone. They were SO busy and ALL over the place.
Here Sloane is when we first arrived. I think she knew she was getting shots :(
Once we got home, they napped. Knox woke way before her, she slept a while. She was not a happy camper after her shots. He was in a good mood when he woke....
When she woke, she wanted to brush hair.
I decided it was time to do their final onesie stickers. Twelve months.
Well, I attempted to take some pictures. Sloane was mostly interested in her brush and Knox wanted to play with anything.
*Adorable rompers by Mary Kate's Monograms.