I want to get back to midweek randoms!
All these random things pop up in my head all the time.
- We are still on the hunt for a car. We took a while off, but now we have got to find one. I’m tired of feeling a bit stranded. We think we’ve decided on a Ford Explorer. We loved our old X5, but just don’t think it has the space we need right now.
- I have about a million blog posts I need to get done. I want to put them back in the order in which I should have done them. Time slips away from me. I need to re-organize my pics on my computer, again, and I think that will help.
- I love that BlogHer has been giving me some great blog topics! Of course it is all my own content, but very nice having ideas to work on.
- Speaking of, if you check out the beginning stages of our master bathroom makeover, you can enter to win $1000 Visa gift card from BlogHer. That is awesome.
- Not long after I started blogging I won $1000 Visa gift card from them. It was something to do with the Time Traveler’s Wife, the movie. I was unbelievably excited.
- I got these pretty little sunflowers at Target the other day. LOVE them.
- On Father’s day, my mom made this ice cream sandwich cake. Oh, my. I could have eaten it all, but I did good limiting myself. It’s super EASY! Two layers of ice cream cake; Cool whip on top and in between; Chocolate syrup on top!
- Brent and I have gone to dinner a few times lately and it’s been so nice to get out and enjoy each other and good food. I don’t take the babies out much during the day right now (no car unless we borrow my moms) so the evening treats are nice. It’s also SO awesome that my parents live just a few miles away and my mom is happy hang here once we get the babes tucked in bed. This was before a dinner with his company…
- We’ve also been doing some cooking around here. I know, I need to share recipes! My Southern Living magazines are getting lots of use. The peach recipes? Delicious. Peach paninis, peach chicken, etc.
I’m convinced Knox & Sloane are messy eaters. I hope I’m wrong and that they are like any other 10 month old, but man. It’s a LOT. I know, let Elton eat it. We can’t. He has a sensitive tummy and on strict diet, though he does get some. I THINK I finally found some bibs that do a pretty good job on catch food. They are THESE Kushies ones and yes, that’s shredded cheese saved by the bib.
- As I’ve mentioned before, we have the Joovy Nook highchairs, and while we really like them, I do think the tray is too far away from baby 🙁 Bummer. Still debating fixes or a just getting new chairs. I do think we want standing ones. Do you have one you love?
- I somehow had no idea that I had Photoshop on my computer. How is that possible? I knew I have Lightroom, though I forget about it. We kind of share programs within our family and I’m not sure if that’s what happened or if my computer guy loaded it on without me realizing. Regardless, pretty cool. Although I have no time to be messing with it right now. When I do, though, do you all have any sites you could rec me to for tutorials?
- Why do I slant the camera when taking pictures? I pretty much do it most of the time.
- Now that summer has officially started, it’s supposed to be 100 degrees on Monday. Lovely. I’m really just a spring and fall girl. I wish it were that way year round.
- My hibiscus is doing good and as of right now, my herbs are, too. I pretty much have to water the basil everyday.
- I think I Tweeted this picture last week, but wow. Hormones. People always talked about it doing funny things and breaking off their hair. I hadn’t experienced it until now, but let’s say I feel like I have wings. Argh.
- I have loved reading people’s comments on the aging post I did Tuesday. What are your thoughts on getting older? Go share them with me 🙂 They will enter you to win one of three $500 SpaFinder gift cards.
- I can’t believe this month is coming to an end. Almost July. Almost August. ALMOST THE BABIES FIRST BIRTHDAY. I don’t know how that happened. Doing their 10 month post really had me thinking. Sloane is standing. They are going to be walking soon. Oh, birthday? Yeah, need to start with the party planning!
- Speaking of July and parties, if you are doing anything for the fourth and want some fun printables, be sure to get THIS free, super cute one. Also a discount if you want to buy the matching package!
- I’ve been thinking about a blog makeover for quite some time. I’m sometimes scared of change, but I know I’m ready to do it.
- I’m thinking of picking up some gifts from Tiny Prints today. Who doesn’t want a picture of Knox & Sloane? haha. They have ALL of their photo gifts for 40% off TODAY only. Shop HERE and enter code DOD0621. Their sister site, Wedding Paper Divas, has all their gift labels and address tags on sale HERE for 50% off! Same code; one day only. Definitely not just wedding stuff either. Lots of cute labels.
- Off to mop and start another load of laundry. Have a good day!