Well my randoms are here. Though, I pretty much feel random everyday.
- So yesterday was dreary, but today is more so. It’s rainy. I don’t mind so much because I feel like we’ve not gotten rain in a while. Now that we’ve had no real snow, and a mild winter, I’m praying it stays that way and the warm weather continues. What I have already determined is that spring, summer & fall are much more friendly months than winter…when it comes to having kids.
- I think I’m finally better! Thank God. No more stuffiness and junk.
- So, I tweeted this, but it had become apparent to me that I really wasn’t spending much money staying home with Knox & Sloane. However, lately I’ve done a little internet shopping and it can be tricky for saving money. For instance, I saw the below chair and fell IN LOVE. It is quite colorful and I haven’t decided the perfect spot in my house for this color to appear, but I can’t wait. I couldn’t decided if I wanted/needed two chairs or one, so I got two. I just see a pair when I envision it. The chairs are from One Kings Lane. I LOVE that site. If you aren’t already a member, by becoming one (free), you can get a $15 credit for purchases of $30 or more, HERE.
- You may remember me posting about the iLatch a while back. We now own one and really like it! The iLatch is in a contest to win space on the shelves at Wal-Mart! The awesome thing is, you can vote for this! Please help my friend, Laura, and the iLatch by voting HERE.
- I went to Target this past weekend and honestly, when I go to the store these days, it’s like I’m playing Supermarket Sweeps. I made sure to hit the dollar spot..or hot spot..(what’s it called? I love it) and the seasonal stuff, duh. How cute are these little $1.99 lidded containers. I think they were marked candy dishes, but I think they could be used for anything. They are the melamine type structure with a plastic lid. The bottom one is much lighter than it looks in the picture.
- Knox & Sloane will probably learn to hate the Target “dollar spot” (?) after they see pictures of themselves, haha…
- Speaking of Knox, I also tweeted this, and I know I’ve mentioned on here before….he’s had a terrible rash type issue on his face. I’m pretty certain his skin is just aggravated from drool, but it’s been awful. When we were in the hospital, a doctor there said that’s what it looked like to hear. Well, it really cleared up in the hospital. He wasn’t drooling as much and he really wasn’t rolling around in bed as much because he had an IV and splint on his arm to cover it.. He’s a tummy sleeper, therefore on his face quite a bit. He also moves around a LOT. So, I think between drool and friction, his skin is just irritated. I really lathered it up with Aquaphor and corn starch last night and it did seem a bit better today. I thought Aquaphor hadn’t helped in the past, but maybe I was putting it on when damp or maybe it needs the corn starch on top. Either way, I’m hoping it clears up and we can help keep it away. It doesn’t seem to bother him, but it sure looks like it would.
- I’ve now randomly blogged things I’ve tweeted this week, but lately I’ve felt so MIA from Twitter. I don’t try to keep up reading tweets either. I just don’t have the time. When I get on, though, I feel like I miss it. I miss the people whose tweets I read. Is that silly? Hopefully I can get caught up on some things and get back to Twitter a little.
- We’ve had the kitchen, breakfast area and small living area painted and we are getting ready to do all the main walls. I’ve not really decided what color. This is Sherwin Williams “wool skein”… which is off the same swatch as the colors we’ve used so far, but I just don’t know. Regardless, I’m very excited for the much lighter color.
- If you have any main wall colors you think are great, I’d love to hear. I’m still trying to remember to browse Pinterest!
- I know the bar isn’t still in the box, but I’m glad I still had it to share. I got this soap and it’s wonderful. It smells SO good.
- My longtime blog friend, Danielle, co-founded a new website called The Everygirl! I think this is so wonderful. In Danielle’s words, The Everygirl online resource for creative and career driven women. our budget/finance tips have done really well, and people seem to be loving our career features. Be sure to check the site out!
- I need to get Knox & Sloane Easter baskets ordered. I hope I’m not too late. I still need to decide where I want to order from!
- Several people asked about the recipe for the pizza I posted last week. It was quick and simple! Knox & Sloane are now awake from about 2:30 until bedtime so unless I prep early, dinner is usually something easy. Pillsbury crescent dough, sauce (from a jar), fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, parmesan & onions.
- I think this might be one of my favorite pictures of Knox & Sloane so far. She just has her feet propped up on him and he’s just looking out the window. So sweet.
- March sponsors are posted!
Have a good day 🙂