heavy heart

I intended to do a “Twin Treats” post today, but I got busy and not long ago I also received news that a dear friend’s baby went to Heaven :(

I can’t really muster much to say as my heart is hurting really badly for her, husband and family.

Baby Blake was 30 days old and he had SMA.

Katheryn has been so strong. I’ve known her since we were very, very little and she has always wanted to be a mommy and she is. She has been for several years now and has wonderful stepchildren. She had a difficult journey becoming and staying pregnant and she found out when she was pregnant with Blake that he had SMA. She did a great job carrying him as long as she could and had to endure many tests and doctor appointments along the way. She had no idea how long Blake would be here on Earth, but we can all agree 30 days doesn’t seem long enough.

I know Cohen welcomed him with a big hug.

Please pray for Katheryn and her family.

Such a beautiful baby!

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
—Psalm 139:13, 14, 16

Every single day I think about my angel in Heaven and I thank God for lending me two more. I hold them tight, everyday, for we are not promised tomorrow.

So very very sorry for your friend's loss and you as well as you continue to accept your own loss. Time sometimes does not make things easier, I understand. Many prayers and hugs.

I am also the mother of an SMA angel, and while I hate to hear that another little one has donned wings, I also know that all angel babies are in the perfect place.

Thank you for posting about Blake and mentioning SMA. Although it is rare to find someone who knows about SMA without the devastation of an unexpected diagnosis, it is the leading genetic cause of death of children under two. You have just helped spread awareness of this genetic killer.

Sending big hugs to Katheryn and to you, as her friend and fellow angel mama. And to those adorable twins!

Helen ('Lucy')

Stopping by today from SUYL, although I know I've been to your blog before because I remember your story. So sorry to hear about your friends loss. A dear friend of mine will be mourning the one year anniversary Of her daughter passing away just minutes after birth, born with heart problems as well.

Oh this just devastates me. I cannot imagine the pain that you and Katheryn know– sending your tiny baby to Heaven. I will keep them in my prayers! Kissing my sweet babies once more before bed, thanking God for their health.

Praying for all of you as you mourn his loss and remember yours! It sure looks like Knox and Sloane are praying too! Sweet babes…♥

I'm am so sorry to hear of your sweet friend's loss, our cousins son has SMA and has survived so much already…we know that each day is a treasure with him….please let her know our prayers are with them as they grieve.

Praying for your friend's hearts mine is just so broken for them. I am sure my Luke and Adyn joined Cohen in welcoming your sweet friend's little boy into heaven.