Is it Thursday? I’m still not sure how my days get so off.
- Well, even though I’ve probably been in a cupcake coma since about Monday, I still managed to lay in bed and eat half a box of Special K Vanilla Almond this morning. Lovely, Megan.
- I like cereal with a tiny bit of milk, but I swear plain milk messes the babies’ tummies up. I just got some Pure Silk coconut milk from Target, so I’m going to give that a go.
- Speaking of babies, Knox & Sloane are still having skin issues. I think they just have sensitive skin..on their face, anyway. I’ve been using less detergent and double rinsing their clothes. I was thinking wash cloths and towels might have been getting them with the detergent in them still. Now, I’m thinking when I wipe the oatmeal off their face it’s irritating them. Heck, who knows, but I feel bad about all their bumps : / Not to mention, I probably have every California Baby cream under the sun now.
- I’ve been pretty productive the first part of this week. I’ve utilized my time as best as I could during nap time and I’ve gotten stuff done. Last week, I felt like they weren’t wanting to nap and I was listening to them talk in the monitor the whole time. This week, I feel like they’ve been sleepy heads.
- Some days I get quite a bit done and some days I get nothing done. I’m over the shame of either.
- So far, Brent hasn’t asked me to do laundry again, so hopefully I’m caught up.
- Dinner still isn’t something I’ve been doing much of. It seems the witch finally sucked in Knox from about 5:-6:30. He doesn’t cry, but he just kind of fusses and wants lots of activity. Brent plays with them both when he gets home at 5:30 since we are starting bath time about 6:30 right now.
- Last night was the first night I’ve cooked dinner in probably a few weeks. I’ve cooked..or put together..smaller things, but a lot of times Brent puts something together for us after we get the babies down and I’m pumping.
- I like cooking, but then I eat and I want to do is sit and do nothing after. Therefore, I wake up to this in the morning….
Is it as unappealing to you as it is to me? haha. To wash dishes at night or in the morning. hmmmm.
- I do NOT have a “green thumb”….but somehow I’ve managed to keep this African Violet going for a few years. It blooms on and off most of the year. I’ve always had it in the kitchen window. I think it’s so pretty.
- I woke up with a crick in my neck/back yesterday, which also gave me a headache. I NEVER get headaches, so I assume it was a package deal. It got worse as the night went on, but felt better by this morning.
- Brent travels a little bit for work and I think the babies and I are going to start going with him some. We thought it would be nice for a change of scenery and to sometimes make a weekend trip out of it, too 🙂
- The polka dot top from my last post is from Forever21. I got it when I was about halfway through my pregnancy with Knox & Sloane, but I feel like they had it not too long ago.
- The cupcake carrier is from a local grocery store, but here it is on Amazon 🙂
- Oh my word. I just now about broke my ankle running to the door. I have a “please knock” sign
piece of tape with marker written on it overthe doorbell, but I never realized people would knock so loud. Elton REFUSES to stop barking at knocks, bells, dings, the wined, etc. Argh.
- Our new coffee table/ottoman arrived last week. I LOVE it. I wanted something soft and squishy that the babies could pull up on, but something that could hold a tray, too. I’ve not used Scotch Guard, but should I? That helps prevent stains and stuff, correct? I was thinking ahead and determined we have white carpet so I know plenty of stains are in our future and stains on ‘stuff’ are probably the least of my worries.
- I still need to do a Christmas post. I kind of ended up skipping that. I also want to get the first year or two of my blog into a book and then start doing one each year. I’ve been saying I was going to for forever, but I need to do it so I’m not trying to get caught up on it in five years. I know of Blurb and Mixbook. Have you used either? Do you like?
Have a good day!