Happy Wednesday 🙂
- Thanks for the well wishes for Knox & Sloane on my post yesterday 🙂 I did go back and add a disclaimer, though probably not needed. I understand all the opinions on waiting at the doctor. I just thought it could have been handled different by their office, a far as letting us know the wait or asking if we wanted to reschedule 🙂 Sometimes I have to vent!
- You know what crossed my mind after I posted yesterday’s post? That someone would think we didn’t finish buckling Knox & Sloane in the car seats. Did you notice the bottom parts weren’t fastened? We were waiting on Brent to arrive before getting them snug 😉
- I also am thankful for the advice and information shared through comments. Yesterday’s let me know about several things I did not know about and I’m grateful for that.
- The doctor’s office called yesterday and the babies’ RSV tests were both negative. VERY thankful for that also.
- They are both a little congested still, but I don’t think their coughs seem quite as bad.
- February snuck up on me! It’s a bittersweet month for us.
- I’m slowly adding Valentine’s treats around the house 🙂
- Speaking of treats, Brent arrived home early yesterday (ALWAYS a nice treat) with goodies for the babies and myself. He got them silly pacis, a second humidifier and me some cupcakes. Don’t worry, he’s working on the cupcakes with me.
- I’m still having a hard time consuming enough calories of GOOD food. Therefore, I’ve found myself eating more crap than I’d prefer. Also, probably getting more calories than I should!
- Of course I ordered the chevron address labels on GroopDealz today. How could I not.
- For the record, I do think chevron can be a rather classic print. I don’t necessarily think it will be “out of style,” if you will, next year. I added it to my header in January of 2011 when I was planning the nursery 🙂 I think it comes and goes as far as popularity, like most other design. I’ll always love it.
- The kitchen is coming along. I think I will wait until it’s all done to post the process and the final outcome. As far as using it, I’ve almost got all the posts and pans washed up. Ready.to.cook.something.
- Have I mentioned our oven is shorter that our last and most of my cookie sheets don’t fit? Not sure how that is going to work.
- I ordered some blinds and shutters this week. I know they are so worth it, but man, so expensive. I went with a local company.
- I decided to give in and order a step stool. All of our cabinets are tall. There are some in our laundry room, kitchen and a tall shelf around the top of my closet. 5’2″ and short arms doesn’t get me far, but an extra 13 inches helps. I didn’t want a big bulky stool that I couldn’t store easily. This one is great because it folds right up and can fit inside in the pantry cabinet or to the side of the washer and dryer.
- Cute huh? It’s brighter pink than it looks. I was hoping for green, but they were out. I ordered on Amazon and I need to pick get a few more at some point.
- Speaking of, the below is this. I really was looking forward to it. I’ve always wanted a way to organize cans, as they tend to get pushed to the back. I did measure and while I thought it would fit, it doesn’t. The drawer won’t pull out if we install it the way our cabinets are set up. Bummed. I got one from Lowe’s that did fit but the drawers would.not.pull.out. Returned it. This one is from Wayfair. The drawer slid great and it was much more sturdy. I Love Wayfair. I’ll be posting, in detail, about my love for them soon.
- Well, by the time Knox & Sloane are about three years old, I should have enough clothes to open a fully stocked consignment store. This is just a portion, not to mention their full closet. I’ve taken about four trash sacks to Goodwill and I’m sorting some out now for some other twins. I can’t help it. I like clothes; Knox and Sloane like clothes; Good deals are hard to turn down; I’ve been open to hand-me-downs. I do think I’m already having a hard time parting with their clothes
even though they only wear some once, but if I do, I may have a blog sale, too 🙂
- I’m working on February’s sponsor post. I will have a few new ones being added to my right side bar. I can’t wait to share them with you all.
- I enjoyed opening my inbox to find this email this morning. I like hearing good feedback on my sponsors 🙂
- My mom made a batch of bread pudding this week. She used her homemade bread and it might be her best yet. It is so good. Unfortunately, she brought us a while dish over. I won’t admit to how much I’ve eaten 😉 Recipe is here. She didn’t put any dried fruit in it this week.
- Prayers for baby Ben who is in the hospital, in ICU, at 7 weeks old and on a vent due to RSV.
- My heart also aches for this family. Their son, Noah, just went to Heaven several months ago. You can read about his life here. Now, Lisa is dealing with the unexpected loss of her husband, Aaron, who was just 39 years old. He passed of a suspected heart attack. Lisa has three sons to raise and she could use prayers as well.
I can’t find any words after those prayer requests. It’s like nothing else really matters.
Count your blessings!
Have a good week 🙂