Precious gifts…

We received a beautiful gift for Christmas.

Our friends, the Sextons, sent it to us. They have had two years that have been very similar to the two years that Brent and I have had. God blessed us with each a heart baby. We were able to have 12 days with both of our boys. We were ultimately left brokenhearted, but faithful and hopeful. About a year later, we both welcomed new additions to our families within about two months of each other.

Kristin emailed me the above verses the day before we heard two heartbeats :) How crazy is that. She had read them that morning and we had always joked about twins.

With this gift, her note said these verses would always make her think of Knox & Sloane. It will always make me think of Knox & Sloane, and Cohen, and Luke and his baby sister, Kate. It will make me think how God lead Kristin into my life and all of the emails we shared.

All five of our babies are precious gifts from God and I’m so thankful for them.

Our sweet babies love their big brothers :)

I know Kristin and I both pray for those waiting and wanting to become parents. Sometimes His plan isn’t one we imagined, but it is there.

Beautiful – I always wondered how they were doing…I follow her blog but hadn't seen any updates. Her daughter is beautiful as well!! Thanks for sharing!

I have prayed many times for both of your families and continue to do so because as a mother of 3 (and one miscarriage), I can't imagine your loss. Kristen and Benson are both from my area (one town over) and I have heard them sing and speak many times. It was heartbreaking for both of you but many people were lead to God from your stories. This was just his plan. Moms and Dads held their babies tighter after reading and hearing. People saw that God giveth and he taketh away in his time, not ours. I'm so glad that you both were blessed with healthy pregnancies so soon after. God Bless and you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. :-)

Thanks for that sweet reminder. My friend and I were just talking today about my current struggle w/ infertility. I was saying how it's never going to be in OUR time but in HIS…good to hear it from others. Thx : )

Thank you so much for sharing this. I really needed to read this today. I have never commented before, but I have kept up with your blog and have been praying for your family since the day I discovered your blog. I decided to comment and share with you that we recently lost our precious baby last week due to a miscarriage. Earlier today while I was driving to work I was listening to a podcast sermon and the verses the sermon addressed were from Isaiah "to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes". It is obviously not a coincidence and I am so thankful that the Lord continues to speak to us and help us through our struggles and during the time of sorrow. Thank you again for sharing this and for helping show others God's grace throughout your life. You are such a strong woman and I thank you for sharing your story.

I just found your blog yesterday , but wanted to comment on how sweet this is. Having lost my first as well and then had a success, I understand. It's so nice for you to have such a sweet lady in your life. Bless you all!

Thank you for sharing this! I followed Luke's story and still check their blog but they don't update. I am glad to know they are doing well and Kate is just too cute! Very sweet gift from her!