Happy Thursday 🙂
A few things from yesterday’s post –
– It turns out, the Kirkland wipes have nitopropane in them. See what I mean? It’s HARD! I read this about nitripropane. Not too appealing, huh? I think the whole, “Recommended daily intake: None” thing is what really caught my eye. Followed by, “Absorption: skin, dermal, inhalation.” Come on, baby product makers.
– Someone tweeted me a picture of the Seventh Generation wipes’ ingredient list. I think, so far, it looks safest. Looks like we will be trying those.
– I do NOT heat my breastmilk in the microwave. I might have worded it wrong, but then I tried to correct it, and still got quite a few comments and emails. Sorry! I heat the water in a glass measuring bowl and then I set the bottles of milk in it after I pull it out of the microwave. Shake it up (and tap) before giving it…works like a charm.
– The frog does work for us. While chatting on Twitter yesterday, Kate discovered that humidifiers need to be elevated in order to work properly and luckily ours is. We didn’t realize that when doing it, though.
– As for the Similac Advanced Organic—we went with it only because we were already using Similac. I have no idea of other organic brands are better or not. This one has the USDA Organic label on it, but who really knows what that means at this point. Info on those labels HERE. A few people mentioned sugar in it and constipation. I’ve not noticed any with Knox. I believe our ped said he preferred Similac because he likes that it has Lutein in it. As for your babies nutritional needs, you can try to be as safe as possible, but whatever works best for baby is really what you go with at the baby development age!
– Thank you for all the feedback and recommendations. I’m thankful for them all!
– I’m thinking cloth diapering might be in our very near future.
– If I missed any questions, email me or ask again. I’ll try to answer some emails later on today.
What else is going on in my random thoughts…
****Kid’s Book Exchange – I still have people leave their email addresses on THIS post. So, if you are looking for participants, check that out.
- Happy December 1st!
- We had inspections on the new house yesterday. They went great. Nothing of major concern. A few things we will get fixed. The inspections on our current house went the same.
- I think I may do before and after pictures of the new house. Before being once we move in or with nothing in it..after being, as we go. We will do some new paint, new fixtures, etc. It will be on-going, non-rushed process.
- I’m hoping to mail our Christmas cards out soon. I have cute Erin Condren return labels I’m going to go ahead and use. By the time cards arrive, we may have moved, but we will have things forwarded. I just hate to waste!
- I’m going to be getting some new sponsor buttons up today. If you are interested for December, shoot me an email or comment. I’ll be doing the “sponsor post” probably next Tuesday or Thursday.
- I need to be packing. I’m blogging instead.
- I hate when I get behind on Twitter and then get overwhelmed trying to catch up.
- My mom got Brent and I massages for our anniversary and we have GOT to find time and schedule to go get them. Our backs…they ache.
- I was embarrassed to give our lender our bank statements for the past several months in fear that he might notice that chickfila is probably 70% of our purchases.
- Remember when I said we were going to try to start cooking more in our kitchen? I think it was about 2 days later we sold our house and now we are packing up the kitchen.
- I want to re-do the kitchen cabinets in the new house so I’m hoping to get an estimate before unpacking things and putting them away in the kitchen. The cabinets are something I would consider attempting if I didn’t have two little wee ones that needed my attention 🙂 If you are a cabinet person, come over and give me an estimate.
- The twins have gotten such cute Christmas ornaments for their first Christmas. I need to take some pictures and share them.
- I had two prayer requests come to me via email this week. This sweet family and their little boy Ethan. He has spent 15 of his 18 months in the hospital 🙁 Also, this family. Mom, Jillian, is about 20 weeks along with baby Judah. He has heart conditions and Dandy Walker Syndrome.
- Our friend, Jen, that got married in Cabo, brought us back a goodie bag. SUCH fun things. There were also some wedding/bride/groom cake pops, but I didn’t get a picture before Brent and I ate them : / The “Passport to Paradise” was so cute. It was the itinerary. I think my favorites are the heart glass ornaments. They are beautiful. One for Brent and I and three for each of our babies 🙂
- How cute is our little friend, Saxon. I can’t get enough of him! He’s four months older than Knox & Sloane.
- Knox & Sloane got to meet their friend, Simone, last week. I’ll post those pics tomorrow. She is precious.
- I need to get last weeks Twin Treats post up. Hopefully later today considering there is a new one tomorrow.
- How are my babies 15 weeks old?
- I mean, seriously, look at those smiles. Could they love their daddy more? haha
- Oh, if you need a quick, inexpensive pressed cookie gun– I saw this one at Walgreens for $10. It’s 22 pieces. Good deal.
- Random? yes.
That’s all on my mind for these few moments!