Hi everyone 🙂
- Trying to get back to blogging. My schedule has taken quite a turn, haha. Still learning to do things and sleep while Knox & Sloane are sleeping.
- We’ve had a pretty eventful week…doctor’s appointments and a trip to emergency care. Everyone is fine, but little Knox & Sloane scare us sometimes…and well, it’s our first time to do this 😉 They just got super congested and Sloane’s belly button looked a bit funny, so we wanted to get it checked. She has a small umbilical cord hernia 🙁 Kinda scary, but they assured us it was pretty normal. They are both gaining weight and changing everyday!
- A few nursery questions were asked….
– The record frames are from Hobby Lobby, I think. We have had 4 frames since college so it’s been a while since we got those.
– The curtain panels are as wide as the fabric. I think these were almost right at 54′.
– Since the twins are staying in our room right now, we change their diapers in our room. Their pack n play has a changing table. As far as the nursery, I have changing pad, that fits perfectly with room left over, on the dresser.
- I’ve been playing with my Erin Condren planner. I love it! I’ve been determining which pretty pens I want to use that won’t bleed through page to page.
- I’m debating on doing a weekly twins post. I could just dump all the thousands of pictures I take and update on what we’ve been doing that week. I thought maybe Fridays and I’d call it “Twin Treats”…or Tuesdays and “Twin Tuesday”…I don’t know?! Thoughts? Here are some sweet pictures I took the other day while we were at the doctor and once we got home.
- It’s been so nice having Brent home with us. A week or two before Knox & Sloane were born, he did take another position with another company. We feel it will be a huge blessing and definitely answered prayer. He will probably work from home, most the time, for a few more weeks and then start being out of the house more during the day.
- His new company sent us flowers once we got home from the hospital 🙂
- Knox & Sloane have still been getting some super sweet gifts 🙂 My sweet friend, Erin, sent these adorable personalized Monogram Chick burp cloth and bib. My childhood friend, Whitney, sent the beautiful Serena & Lily burp cloths and bibs. I’m seriously never going to want to get rid of this stuff.
- My friend Lindsey mailed me a fun gift this week! How CUTE are these Elton socks??
- Speaking of Elton, he has not met the twins yet, but we are planning to bring him home tomorrow. Wish us luck!
- I’m totally confused on the breastfeeding diet. I’m pretty paranoid I’m going to get something that upsets them. I’ve gotten lots of feedback and I know all babies are different. I may give in and try the food diary and see if I can find anything. Of course, I’m sure some things may upset one and not the other, too 🙁
- This stuff I tried this week and it is pretty amazing. Marketside is Wal-Mart’s natural brand like Archer Farms is Target’s. Anyways, I’ve been eating with this fruit and it’s so good.
- Speaking of food, pink and blue 🙂 Actually, most things around our house are pink and blue right now, haha. We don’t mind at all. My mom sent over these cupcakes last night…
- Mom made two yummy pasta dishes this week. I will work to get those recipes soon.
- I haven’t taken a shower in two days.
- I’m a freak about people washing their hands and sanitizing before touching the babes. I don’t care. It’s a requirement.
- I’m doing good and having the random crying for no reason. I find it comical and usually end up laughing at myself. Brent looks at me like I’m nuts.
- Having two infants at once is stressful, yes, but so far I think I’ve only cried about that once or twice. Those lovely moments of uncertainty.
- I have my postpartum follow up tomorrow. My tummy seems to be healing up. Still pretty sore, but better all the time. I can feel it when I do too much, though.
- I’m going to miss going to my doctor’s office so much. They are the best and I’ll probably still just go randomly and take the kids 🙂
- I’ve seen a few tweets about an Accent Vlog. I really have no clue anything about it, but I’ve listened to a few and how fun! I did a short video randomly, last summer. It’s here. I’m not sure I sound like myself, but I think everyone probably thinks that way??
Hope you all are having a good week!