Happy Midweek, everyone 🙂
Some randoms today….
- Thank you for the nice comments yesterday on the baby books 🙂
- Do my links show up blue to you guys? I had several people email me and ask who made the books and where they came from, as well as how the pages inside look. While, I do not AT ALL mind responding, it got me thinking, maybe they aren’t sure when I’m posting links. When I reference back to a post or link to any site, I turn it blue. However, I’m not sure that all engines show it blue. For instance, I use Firefox. I’ll put a screen shot of what I see. I feel like before I’ve looked on Safari and maybe some links weren’t blue. In yesterday’s post, I made the words blue when I referenced back to Cohen’s book where I gave lots of details and showed lots of pictures of the pages 🙂 I just thought it would be repetitive to do that again, so I linked back. You can definitely let me know other helpful indicators if you don’t see blue. I could make the word in all caps? I could underline?
SCREEN SHOT……. (You can’t click the blue links in the screen shot because it’s just a picture, but you can in the post from yesterday.)
- Just wanted to check/ask about that!
- Please continue to keep these two family in your hearts and prayers..
James Camden – (his name is blue and a link to his blog in case the blue isn’t visible to you..is it?) He went to Heaven this weekend and though I can imagine what his family is going through, I can’t. Please leave them some thoughtful words or add them to your prayers.
Some friends of ours here in town, their little girl is going in for heart surgery TODAY. She goes to Children’s and uses the same surgeon as Cohen did. They are the ones that lead us there and we are forever grateful. Please keep her and her family in your prayers this week! Here is Lauren’s Caring Bridge page.
- Danielle of Breakfast at Toast and Allison from Long Distance Loving recently created a site to encourage people to take better care of their skin and keep a watchful eye out, more often. The site is Sun Savvy. I’ve enjoyed reading their recommendations and it’s always inspiring to read someone elses story. There is also a pledge you can sign in effots to take better care of your skin! About a day after I found out they had started this site, I came across this blog. Chelsea has faced a TOUGH, TOUGH battle against melanoma and it just amazes me and breaks my heart for her. Her blog is very detailed and raw. If you read through her posts, the pictures will give you goosebumps. I think it helps show us just WHAT can happen if we don’t take care of our skin. I’ll admit when I was younger, I would only use sunscreen probably every other time I was in the sun. I also had visits to the tanning bed. Now, my face hasn’t been without 50 SPF in probably 10 years and I always wear something everywhere else. And of course, I’ve not been in a tanning bed in years.
- Yep, you can still get tan with sunscreen on.
- Not much going on in my world this week. I do a lot of hanging out in bed. I guess I’m not much of a weekday TV person because often times I forget to turn it on. Some thank you notes just arrived so I’ll be working on those soon. I’m still doing some laundry and working on the nursery a bit.
- I still feel like our before baby house ‘to-do’ list quite long, but it’s getting shorter. My parents have come over about every day in efforts to help keep me off my feet and help Brent with things.
- I think the nursery bedding & curtains are arriving today!! YIPPIE!!!
- It’s been nice not pricking my finger this week and eating a bit more. I’ve not given in, but I’ve been craving cupcakes! I just have a sweet tooth right now. Though I don’t have to prick anymore, I’m still not supposed to go overboard on the sweets. I just can’t get all the cupcakes from Brent’s birthday party out of my head!
- I still need to post about Brent’s birthday!…and my ‘sweet treats’ shower! and…seems like there was one other I needed to upload pictures from.
- This little guy is still keeping me company though he is still pretty bummed he isn’t allowed to cuddle in bed…
- The nice people at Mary Kay sent me some goodies a few weeks ago! I thought I would share. When I saw all the different boxes, I was thinking, wow this is a lot to add to my collection, BUT when I opened everything (these plus one other little box), I found out it was a Mary Kay Compact Mini. Basically, three shadows and one Mineral Cheek Color fit into the Compact Mini. I took this picture when the products first arrive. I have since used them. I will say, I do prefer my own brushes, but these did come with some that store in the bottom of the compact. I think my favorite is the Mineral Cheek Color. It’s pretty with just a little shimmer. From what I’ve read, it also contains vitamins, so that is always a plus.
- Remember when I posted about our horrid tile? We are scheduled to have new tile put down August 1st! Luckily, it’s being put on top of what we have so it won’t be as big of an ordeal. I ‘m just hoping no babies want to arrive during the process : /
- You all would be grossed out if you knew how many days it had been since I’ve watched my hair 🙁 It’s just a long process of standing in the shower to get it all done. We have a seat, but it’s not really comfortable or compatible with washing your hair.
- I did think about doing it this morning, but I remembered I have to wait until my mom comes over because someone has to sign for the nursery items.
- If I’ve not responded to your email, I will try to soon! If I could eliminate some of the junk mail that comes in during the night, it would probably help. It seems like I have to do a major clean out every morning.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill is my favorite right now. In efforts to get protein, without having others cook all the time, I will eat chicken from there and Chickfila but that’s about it. I really like Chipotle’s goal not to use meats that have been processed with hormones or antibiotics. I get chicken quesadillas….chicken, cheese, peppers & a side of fresh guacamole.
- Speaking of yummy food, my mom had made this garlic roasted cauliflower several times lately and I love it. There are red potatoes in it as well, which are yummy, but I’m not eating much those. I posted the recipe (and a better picture) here.
- Don’t forget about this weeks giveaway here!