Happy midweek to you all.
Some thoughts and images collecting in my head and on my phone this week…and a few questions you all have asked, I can answer 🙂
- The yellow and pink shirts seen in this post are both from Target maternity section last year. I waited until they were on sale at the end of spring and got them while we were in Dallas. Same shirt, just different patterns. I think they are meant to tie in the back, but I tie them in the front.
- I get cardigans everywhere. If I see one I like, I’m willing to try it on. Because I like a variety, I get a lot from Forever 21 and Target because they have good prices and Target has sales. I wear them all the time, but even more so when I’m pregnant. This grey one is from Forever21 and I have it in deep orange and black as well. They are thin and light, perfect for warm weather.
- I got our Father’s Day cards ordered yesterday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. However, Tiny Prints makes it easy because they email you when they go on sale and let you know when the last date to order for arrival is. So, I ordered five cards, all personalized with pictures. My total was like $5.33. They will arrive on the 17th. Can’t beat that. That’s usually what I pay for one card at the store. Now, I don’t have to attempt to pic cards from sitting in my scooter : / I did our Mother’s Day cards from Tiny Prints as well, but I was in a hurry and didn’t have a chance to personalize them 🙁 I’ll post pics of all next week. Let’s just say, one of my dad’s will have this picture of my brother and I on it. haha…
- Brent wants to try out for The Voice. I think I’ve told you all before, he is quite the little singer. Oh, and he’s good. You can see some cute pictures here and here. He’s always thought about trying out for American Idol, but years pass quickly and now he is past the age limit.
- Elton and I have been resting a lot this week. It’s just so hot that I try not to get out much and if I do, it’s not for long.
- Some friends got engaged this week and we are so happy for them! We love weddings and all the fun things along the way. It will be interesting now as I’m growing large, having two babies and the wedding will be in Cabo! We are trying to think of a way to pull that off once we hear a date. I think it will probably be before the end of the year. Oh, it’s also at the place we visited a few years ago that I posted here.
- After Brent got off work one day, we made a trip to Whole Foods. I say “trip” because unfortunately it’s on the other side of town 🙁 I don’t make it too often right now. We are hoping they put one in closer, soon! I will say their scooters are much faster and navigate a bit better than most places. I’ll upload that pic to prego mego on Friday, ha. I needed some lotion and soap that I’ve stuck with (posted about here) and I thought I would stock up. We picked out some foods and such as well. I left with these and they are amazing. They are “artichoke feta lemon fritters” and they were in the fresh market section under the glass….
- Brent ran in Target yesterday to pick up a few things. I got one text and was thankful he asked, but intended to decline sugar. Then, he sent the next one and I was like, WHY did you say that?! He knows my love for rolos and anything frozen right now. Don’t worry, I don’t get one, haha….yet.
- My mom called the other day and the PUR filters were on sale and she had a coupon. We decided to go ahead and get one. I blogged a while back, I think, about us getting a Brita filter. It is the kind that sits in the fridge and you fill up. Well, with as much water as I’m supposed to drink alone, it would have to be refilled about three to four times per day. Well, there was no way. I can’t even lift the thing anymore. I’ve just been using my Bobble and water bottles. The water bottles have been getting a bit out of hand as Brent is taking 3 bags a week to recycle. I typically use my Bobble randomly or when I’m out some place. It just comes out a lot slower and I don’t tend to drink as quickly, or as often, as I need to in order to consume the water I need. I still love it, though. I just can’t use it non-stop.
Yes, I blurred myself out of the filter. I thought it was weird you could see me, haha.
- I’ve been liking mint in my water. It’s nice to be able to grab from my back porch.
- My cilantro isn’t doing good at all and I have no clue why. Brent is watering it as much as the others. Maybe it’s supposed to get less water? Maybe it’s getting too much sun? Any advice?
- My parents made a trip to Sam’s this week and stocked us up with the big containers. I have some washing to do….
- I’m thinking of exploring Pinterest. Honestly, I’ve been avoiding going to the site for a few reasons. I wasn’t sure what it was, how it worked, if I would want to spend money and if I want become addicted, haha. I asked my Twitter friends yesterday and they all assured me it was fun and worth it. I’ll let ya know how well I limit myself 😉
- I hate it when I think I can go one more day without washing my hair. The next morning, I wake up and think gross. If you are a new reader, I have extremely curly hair. However, because I have SO much hair, I dry it straight most of the time. It takes a while.
- We received the coolest ‘Texas Goodie Basket’ in the mail last week!! People are SO thoughtful. It deserves it’s own post, but here is a peak…
- Elton has been cracking us up. He’s like an old man. Last night we were in the living area, watching TV, and wondered where he was. Brent got up to do something and went back to look in our room. He was in his bed, sleeping. At night, anytime either of us stands up, he tries to start walking to the bedroom to let us know he is ready for bed. It’s pretty funny. As far as his limp. It went away, but then it came back just a little bit for only a few hours. We are starting to think it might be arthritis.
- I’m pretty behind on emails and I’m sorry! I promise I will work to respond. I did read all the ones on the baby product advice as they came in.
- Please keep these friends of ours in your prayers. At 21 weeks gestation, their baby went to Heaven last week on Cohen’s birthday.