**First off, I got an email from a reader this morning that was so sweet and so sad. She said God had placed it on her heart to email me. A family in her small group at church is facing some tough challenges. Their little girl has spina bifida and their little boy is about to start treatment for Leukemia. Please include this family in your prayers. Their kiddos and family are putting up a fight and could use them. Their Caring Bridge page is here – http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sethcarpenter
Second of all, thank you all for the sweet sweet sweet comments. We appreciate each and every one of them and both Brent and I read each and every one of them.
I know technically we are getting closer to the end of the week versus midweek, but that’s okay. I thought my previous two posts had been a bit emotional so I thought I would do one a bit lighter today, maybe, haha. It’s all still pretty random, but still thinking about Cohen 🙂
- Over the past two days, as I mentioned, I’ve had the nicest comments, emails, tweets, etc. A week or so ago a blogger, April, emailed me letting me know Cohen and her little boy, Aidan, shared a birthday. She said they wanted to let some balloons go for Cohen on the 7th and asked if that would be okay and if I would want to see the pictures. I thought, how sweet! Of course 🙂 So last night I received an email with her blog post link. I started crying happy tears.
- The party store knows Brent and I well after this week. We are pretty big fans of sending Cohen balloons up 🙂 Good thing the latex balloons are biodegradable!
- I think what gets me the most, in a good way, is when people say Cohen and our story has really taught them to hold their kids tighter, give them more hugs, remember to be thankful, not to sweat the small stuff, etc. You only have this time with them once, ya know? I think that is one of the most important lessons that can be learned from our situation.
- I’ve been working a little more on Cohen’s baby book. I put it on the back burner for a while because it made me sad. When I got the book, I posted about the book here and it’s details here and I love it. Brent and I decided each year on Cohen’s birthday we would write him a card and put it in the book. There is also so much that is blog related that I want to get printed off and put in.
- Speaking of books, on Cohen’s birthday the doorbell rang and there was an Amazon package. I knew I hadn’t ordered anything so I was pretty excited to open it. The sweetest book and note were inside.
The note reads: Happy Birthday Cohen! I didn’t know what to get you for your birthday so I thought I would share with you one of my mommy’s favorite books. I hope your little brother and sister will like it and think about you when they read it! You are very special to so many people, especially my mommy, daddy and me! I love you! Your buddy in Heaven, Luke
It kinda made me cry, too.
I know Luke and Cohen are buddies in heaven as his mom and I are on earth. She did a sweet birthday post for Cohen. I’ve been praying for her as she is getting ready to welcome Luke’s sister into this world right around his birthday in a few weeks.
- There are several babies I know of that went to heaven last summer. I will be thinking about them and all of their families this summer as well.
- Doing the nursery for the twins made me a little sad at first. I guess maybe just starting it. Now, I’m fine. When I thought we were going to have a pretty big bookshelf, I had decided maybe I would put some of Cohen’s blankets and stuffed friends on the top. However, our bookshelf was way shorter than I intended so I sent it back and got something different that really won’t work in the same way. I’m still not really planning to put Cohen’s things all hidden away, but I’m not sure where I’ll put them. Maybe a shelf in the guest room. One day when we move, I’ll make the perfect little area.
- In the nursery, I am putting a few Cohen touches in to let the twins know their big brother is watching over them….
I know, that plate needs a little touch up 😉
- The day before Cohen was born, my best friends gave me this little Willow Tree figurine and I love it. It sits on my dresser and always makes me think of Cohen and them when they gave it to me.
- We have lots of sweet pictures of Cohen around the house, which I never get tired of 🙂 When the twins arrive, we will have baby pictures around everywhere! It’s a blessing and dangerous to have a photographer in the family!
- Speaking of pictures, I’ll post some others tomorrow that Brent’s mom took of us with balloons for the kiddos 🙂 I’ll probably do Prego Mego on Saturday.