Thank you sweet comments on the gender reveal dinner yesterday 🙂 It was lots of fun!
- Today, Cohen has been in heaven for 11 months. It’s still so crazy to me. I look at pictures of his eyes open or watch videos of him, and it still breaks my heart that he was here and now he’s not. We miss him so much.
- My mom spoiled me with goodies for Mother’s Day. In fact, that’s pretty much what this post includes. Now you all know where I received my shopping skill, ha.
- She found this wreath with blue and pink. She thought it was very fitting for us. I love it!
- Cute little strainers. They are mini and fun.
- Blingy flip flops! They actually seem a bit more bling-ish in this picture, but I love them.
- She got the twins two of the Hallmark Recordable Storybooks. We think these are pretty neat and have a little collection now with three or four.
- I’m a cardigan girl. I don’t feel I can have too many. She got me this one from Target. It is white with grey polka dots. Also, some Boston Terrier note card.
Thanks, parents 🙂
- I posted about going to a birthday party on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Though I didn’t take any party pics, I did snap a pic of the fun cake!
- How cute is Brent? haha I’ve blogged about our love for Step Brothers before. I got him this shirt for his birthday last year. I took this pic last night 🙂
- For a microwaveable meal, this one is AMAZING. It’s Amy’s “Mexican Casserole” and it heats up in less than 5 minutes and costs less than $5. It’s also natural, so that’s a plus. Brent had previously had it and I picked up one for dinner. I was craving something mexican, quick & tasty. It was exactly what I was going for.
- Speaking of food, I tweeted this last week when my mom made it, I think. It is a 3 cheese orzo salad. I really enjoyed it. I posted the recipe here.
- I’m feeling pretty achy today. I imagine it is just growing pains. We also woke up to thunderstorms, but now it seems to be clearing off.
- A few people asked how much cocoa powder I put in my red velvet cookie cakes. I just did to taste. I probably ended up doing half a teaspoon or a little more.
- I think if we are going to stay in our house a while longer, we need to refinance. I don’t know, though. We probably need to talk to a professional about this. I’ve you’ve been reading a while, you may know some of our house adventures. We’ve lived in since August of 2007. As first time home buys, right out of college, about to start new jobs, with little to no credit, we didn’t exactly get the best interest rate. When the market was a little better, we had a moment we thought would try to sale our house, buy another and get a lower interest rate. That lasted about a day and we decided we love our house and should refinance. We looked into it and at the time, it was going to cost a lot and not be worth it, which i think was due to the fact we haven’t lived here long. Then, when we found out about Cohen’s heart, we put the house for sale thinking we wouldn’t be able to afford it. It didn’t sell, which was a blessing in disguise. We have plenty of room right now. I imagine we will have plenty of room for another year or two. I don’t know about after that. We have right under 2000 sq ft. We have three bedrooms. One is ours, one is the nursery and one is the guest. The guest room I think I’ll make a playroom soon as well. That way when other kids come over they can play in there and if we are still living here with the twins can “play” they can as well. It will have a sleeper sofa. I really like having a one story house right now. I also like that the nursery is two feet from our bedroom. I do NOT like such a large payment for such a small house
that seems to keep going up. So, we need to refinance and commit to staying here for however long it takes to make up for refinancing? We need to deal with the payment and decide in a year or so we are going to stay here longer and then refinance? We need to refinance and ignore whether or not we may randomly decide to move in a year or twenty. I will never have my house for sale again when I’m pregnant. That’s a definite.
- One good thing about having a small house and small yard? It’s cheap to have cleaned and the yard done. A month or two ago, the people around me decided it was no longer in my or the babies best interest for me to be on my hands scrubbing the shower or hand-wiping the tile floors t
hat cover our house. Oh, the tile. That is another story in itself. Anyways, so now, we have a lady that comes twice a month and does the deep stuff for me. Since Brent is busy working all day, doing the nursery stuff, etc. and a lot of the duties I use to do when I could stand for longer than 10 minutes, we thought someone to do the yard would take something off his plate. We now have a yard guy that does my parents yard who agreed to do ours as well. He is literally here for about 15-20 minutes. It’s insanely quick. Both of these amazing helpers cost less than our cable & internet and I’m so grateful to have them.
- BlogHer and Purina are learning about ProPlan Selects – click here to check it out!
- You can find this weeks giveaway here!
Very random, yes. Have a good day.