Yay for it already being Wednesday! Random things going on, of course….
- Brent is starting to feel better. He went to the doctor on Monday and started an antibiotic. I feel awful for him when he’s sick.
- We got caught up on some of the TV shows we watch last night. I kind of feel like a super TV junkie when I watch that much back-to-back. We watched The Voice, The Good Wife, One Tree Hill & Gossip Girl. We’ve watched all since they started. I’m way behind on Bethenny and all the Housewives, but seeing tweets makes me hope for a catch up day for those soon.
- Lots of growing around here and I feel my tummy stretching out. I was going to save this for my prego mego post this week, but I decided to go ahead and throw it in the randoms, since it is. I walked by the mirror yesterday and took a double-take. I felt like I looked huge.
- I’m not sure if you remember last year when I was in my third trimester and walking around quite a bit packing and moving. I blogged about pains in my feet. I thought the soles in my shoes were just too thin for any support. I found Sanuk flip flops and became obsessed. I honestly wore them with everything. I believed they were the most comfortable flip flop and still do 🙂 No, I’ve not really tried out any others, but still. Luckily, this spring Sanuk sent me another pair to try out. They sent the Yoga Spree in brown. I love that the straps on top are thinner. I prefer that. I also like that the straps are brown. That helps my wardrobe
that is quite limited. The straps on these were a bit rougher the first few times I wore them, but seem to be smoothing out nicely. I still love all the cushion! In case you are looking for cute and comfy flip flops, you know have my opinion on these 🙂 They have lots of options, too.
- I wish I had a picture of the basil plant I grew a few years ago. It was over three feet tall and it was awesome. I had unlimited access to basil. I haven’t gotten one started this year yet, but I’m hoping to soon. My cilantro doesn’t seem to last long.
- Speaking of herbs, look at my mom’s garden. It goes beyond the picture. Sorry, it’s also a bit blurry. We would try a garden at our house, but we have LOTS of bunnies. I’m not sure if it would work.
- I love how after I have a garage sale I always find a ton of stuff I meant to add to it. More for Goodwill 🙂
- I’m not use to not being able to just load things in my car and do whatever. I can’t lift anything and I always forget to ask Brent the night before to do it.
- It’s a good thing we’ve made two trips to Goodwill and had a garage sale in the past week. I made space for my new Willow House goodies that arrived Saturday! I LOVE everything I got. Yes, I got several duplicate items, by choice. There are one or two things missing that I’ll post when they arrive! It definitely pays off to have a party 🙂 If you ordered, I hope you are enjoying your stuff and thanks again!
- I found this very old Cinderella book when going through things this week. When I say old, it’s from 1974. I think it came from Brent’s grandmother’s house, but I’m not positive. I love that it’s a classic. It’s a Disney club special and published by Random House.
- As you may have heard me mention before, my mom has a magazine addiction
and sometimes I do as well. We are both clippers. We take things out of magazines that we want to save or give to others. If you ever wondered about what BPA might possibly be in….
- I posted about going to Kyle’s birthday party over the weekend. I snapped a few pics with my iphone and thought they were pretty terrible because we were facing the sun. I played with them on Shake-it and thought they looked somewhat better, so I thought I would post them. Shake-it tends to make my skin coloring look funky, but o well. Also, a few things…. I intended to wear a shorter dress, but my legs got too much sun at the garage sale and I didn’t feel like leaning over to shave, haha. My white hat is from the Calypso line at Target. I really liked it, but it kept taking the shape of a cowboy hat, which wasn’t what I was really going for, haha. Since the derby was Saturday, the theme was Seersucker & Southern belles and so fun…
- After seeing the clip of Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin dancing in Something Borrowed last night on Leno, I’m yearning even more to see it!
- On Saturday, my mom brought over a yummy rice salad she put together. I had her write a recipe up for me so I could share with you all 🙂 I posted it here.