I hope you all are having a good week! We are halfway to the weekend 🙂
A few random things today
and every day. I clearly could have posted my random Easter sale in this post.
- We love The Voice. I’ll be curious to see how the show changes up next week since all the contestants are picked.
- Yesterday, I went to Home Depot to pick out some paint samples. First, let me me just say I’m the worst at picking out paint. The nursery walls will be a lighter shade of one of the fabrics being used, so I pretty much have to go off that, which is fine. I just haven’t a clue what I’m doing. Luckily, my friend Kristen is a master and has helped. While as was at Home Depot. I spotted the most beautiful blue orchids. I mean they seriously looked fake! If they weren’t $35 I would have gotten one. I just don’t have a green enough thumb to keep it going very long..
- I meant to post this with the heart post from this year. Last year, when we did the heart walk, we were on “Team Lauren” 🙂 I’ve talked about her and her family many times before on her. Lauren’s aunt and Brent went to high school together and Lauren’s mom immediately contacted me once we found out about Cohen’s heart. They’ve all been a great support to us throughout the past year. For the heart walk this year, Lauren’s mom put a blue ribbon on their shirts for Cohen. We thought it was so kind of her. It was pretty surreal to see it but reminded us of the lives Cohen touched and it meant so much.
- I think we are going to participate in the neighborhood garage sale this weekend. Something about being pregnant always makes me want to get rid of everything.
- I love fortune cookies. And yes, I am that person who usually likes the way they taste as well. After the twins’ heart appointment a few weeks ago, Brent and I went to Pei Wei for lunch. These were our fortunes from that day, in which I will probably save forever..
- Our nieces & nephew got a new puppy. He is a yorkie poo and he is super cute. He is TINY and won’t get much bigger. Though Kevin was in the lead running for his name, they settled on Louie. I snapped this picture of them looking at him when he first arrived. Pretty cute..
- My allergies have been crazy this week. It’s been in the 30’s and then in the 70’s.
- Remember last week, when I posted about the quick and easy facial cleansing wipes? Occasionally, I take a similar route with my hair. I have such thick hair, I really don’t have to wash it all too often. It’s usually needs it once or twice per week. Last summer, I was also introduced to dry shampoo. I tried several out and Batiste is by FAR my favorite. It sprays on dry. It’s not wet. It’s not like baby powder. It’s not greasy. It’s clean and simple. It sprays on white-ish, but quickly vanishes.So, right now, if I think my hair needs a little pick me up the day before it’s really ready for a wash or it touches the seat at the movie theater, I use it 🙂 I get it at Sally Beauty Supply. If you don’t have one, you can order from Amazon here or I’m sure another beauty supply place may carry it.
- I was email about a precious little boy, Wyatt, born with some major health issues He has a heart defect and the other being a very rare chromosome disorder. You can read more about him here. He is another sweet baby that could use our prayers. There is going to be a benefit golf tournament, Waggles for Wyatt, for him soon. So, if you live in Oklahoma you can get details on that here. Also, here is the family’s Facebook page.
- My boss hired a new office person to start next week. I’ll have to train her for a week or two, which should be fun but probably tiresome. I’ve been working like crazy and let me tell you, it’s exhausting. I’m handling two positions right now, which would normally be fine, but with my extra cargo, it’s a little tricky. I was flattered when my boss handed me a thank you card on Monday with a gift card inside 🙂
- Speaking of treats, the twins have received some precious, precious items in the last few weeks. I will post about some of those in a “prego mego” post soon!
- There has been some major news going on lately. I’ve been saying prayers for those dealing with the weather devastation as well as safety for our troops.
- On Sunday, Brent and I went to hang out with Brent’s dad for his birthday. His girlfriend got this cake made with his picture on it. It was from a DELICIOUS cake shop in town and I just love picture cakes..
- Though I do love me some cake, I’ve been trying to eat healthy. Some days I eat really healthy and some days I just don’t. Brent is doing AWESOME on his diet! He met my parents at Sam’s the other day after work and came back home with the below. Yes, please. Those grapefruits were the biggest grapefruits I have ever seen.
- Some fun pieces of furniture arrived this week 🙂 A sneak peek. I’m obsessed with the cribs. Oh, and for those who have asked. I ordered the cribs and the shelf I posted about on Friday from CSN. I think CSN is pretty wonderful. They are quick and have a great rewards program! There were also NO shipping OR tax costs on my order! (this pic was taken in living room)
- Don’t forget this weeks giveaway & discounts!