I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday!
I have random things to talk about. Imagine that.
Thank you all SO much for the kind words on our name choices. We love our Knox & Sloane 🙂
- This week is National Infertility Awareness Week. I’ve have fought a battle with this and though it’s not been easy and pain-free, so far, I’m coming out ahead. I know many, many women who face infertility issues. It truly breaks my heart because I know what yearning to be a parent feels like. I will pray for those I know and those I do not know. Not to sound like a broken record, because I know I’ve said this before, but my parents also faced issues having children. After eleven years, they adopted a baby. Two months after he was born they brought him home. My mom gave birth to me a year to the day later. My doctor told my mom her chances were one in a million. Never give up hope. According to this site, 1 in 8 women and men are diagnosed with infertility. You can read more here.
- Friday is National SIDS awareness day. SIDS is the #1 cause of death in infants between one month and one year of age. I posted about baby Maddie a while back and I simply cannot imagine. I can relate to losing a child, but it’s still quite a different situation. Spring for SIDS is set up to spread the word, fundraiser, etc. You can read more here.
- I was emailed about a girl named Sarah who is 27 and has Luekemia. She is 27 years old and is going to undergo a bone marrow transplant. Along with prayers, the family is hoping for blood donations. This can be done at Carter Blood Care, which I believe are all over the DFW area. If you are able or chose to do this, they ask you donate to the name of Sarah Mehringer. I add her button on my right sidebar.
- My sweet husband brought me home pretty flowers Monday 🙂 It’s ridiculous how mushy my thoughts are about how much I love him.
- We went and saw Scream 4 last night. I thought it was actually better than I expected. It definitely doesn’t beat the original, but it was fun to watch. At times, it was a bit to bloody for my liking. I’m pretty quick to turn my head, though.
- We also watched the premiere of The Voice. We both really liked it! I love all the judges. Cee Lo is my favorite. I’ve loved him since high school.
- We have sorts of little sweet Cohen things around the house. I’m not sure I ever posted about this candle and the package from Paris and Germany that came with it, but I will. My sweet friend, Suzanne, picked it up and had it blessed at the Notre Dame Cathedral. It was the candle with lit on the official day for pregnancy and infant loss and I think we will do so every year.
- I discovered a new salad dressing and it’s excellent. It’s in the fresh food section (by salads) at Super Walmart. Target is much more convenient for us now, but my sister-in-law had it and I loved it. So, Brent and I went and got some 🙂 I also like the fact that it’s natural.
- Speaking of food, I’m also still stuck on my cilantro. I eat these as a snack. It’s corn tortillas, sour cream, cheese, salsa & cilantro.
- I thank God all the time for the twins having healthy hearts.
- My mom loves buying little treats and such. She brought these over this weekend. I thought they were pretty cute. I kept thinking about how I didn’t need to consume them, but they sure would be cute for a party, haha.
- Brent and I stay up too late. It seems like every day we talk about trying to go to sleep earlier. It’s not that we aren’t in bed either. We just can’t fall asleep.
- Before bed, I’ve been trying to get back to the towelettes. I used them most of last summer (in hospital and out) and I figure I will want to in the near future. Sometimes I just don’t feel like standing to wash my face, haha. Obviously I don’t pass up brushing my teeth. Since I am for natural products, there are two I’ve been trying. I like the Korres. The Say Yes to Cucumbers I just got, but I’m alternating and so far I like them. If the SYTC works well, I’ll probably stick to them because I can get them at Target or Walmart. The Korres I got at Sephora. Here they on Amazon.
- I want to do recaps from several events soon. I need to get the pics and get them uploaded. These things include meeting Chloe, Easter, one of Kristen’s showers and our nieces birthdays.
- I was in the top 20 for the Hopsout video interviews! I think I was #16. I’m waiting to hear more details for the final process. I sure hope to make the top five that get hired. That does involve me making another video for the company to evaluate. Thank you so much if you voted or said a prayer for me & my video 🙂
- We’ve gotten some adorable mail lately. Mr. Connor blessed us with his Easter card and Miss Zoe’s announcement it so sweet! I’ve also gotten some sweet twin cards lately, too 🙂
I hope you all are having a good week 🙂
– This weeks giveaway is here.
– I’m hosting a Willow House Party HERE. You can find wonderful items for the home or gifting!
– A few of my April sponsors are offering my readers some very generous discounts! You can check them out and get the discount codes HERE (or the page can be found below my header).