Our Christmas Card 2010

When the first time Christmas cards crossed my mind this year, I immediately thought that would not be doing them. We had anticipated our card with Cohen on it. Like any new mom/mom-to-be, I had pictured it in my head. Since he wasn’t here with us, I couldn’t imagine sending one out without including his sweet face. Our year was Cohen

Brent’s mom typically does a photo shoot and puts the card together. She was swamped at the end of this year, so she decided to take a break from the card making. That kind of helped my decision.

Well, the cards started rolling in. There were picture-less cards; there were cards with entire families. I guess I decided I wanted to show our family off from this year like everyone else :)  I felt weird not sending one out after we had been for so many years. I was also worried people thought I just hadn’t sent them one. So, I talked to Brent and he said he was fine with whatever I thought. We agreed our most favorite picture with Cohen would go on a card. I contacted our designing friend, Jessica, as she had decided to do Christmas cards this year. She whipped something up for us and we got it within days. She also thought it would be a nice gesture and people would have a somewhat hard copy of the he picture, if the liked.

We were VERY pleased with the card.

Yes, a lot of people did tell us they cried when they got it. That wasn’t our intentions, but I can totally see where it may have that affect on one.

I would love to send you all one, but that might break my bank! So, so many of you showed us love and support this year. We are so grateful. I actually did end up with extras (because Jessican’s printer people are so nice) so if you must have one, let me know :) I’ll see what I can do. There were many I thought about sending one too and I suppose I was just shy to ask for the address.

We’ve received so many beautiful cards this year. It honestly makes my day to check the mail and have Christmas cards! It’s a nice change from the typical mail. I’ll show my card display soon!

Thank you Jessica. Diamond Doll Designs did an excellent job :)

We’ve been doing cards since 2005 and I’m glad we kept the tradition going. I’ve been blogging since 2007, so those are:

(I wouldn’t waste your time reading most of those posts, haha. I was just blogging for my family to see what we were up to since we had recently moved.)

I’d love to see your Christmas card. If you blogged it, feel free to leave the link in your comment :)

*Don’t forget about the giveaways for the week here!

I love it! Absolutely love it!
    Merry Christmas to you. I feel like I've learned a lot from you and from this blog! Glad to have "met" you this way :)

I think this card is a great Christmas tribute to Cohen and the time you and Brent had with him. I think Elton on the back is too cute and it made me giggle when I saw it (in a good way of course!)

Christmas cards are always one of my favorite parts of the season..It makes going to the mailbox exciting!

Oh Megan, I love it. It's classic..simply beautiful. I know you'll treasure it forever. Here's to 2011…a year of happiness and hope (for all of us!).

Your card DID make me cry…but don't feel bad about that. It's just so beautiful and so YOU to still want everyone else to continue being happy, in spite of everything you and Brent have gone through.

I hope 2011 holds some happier memories for you. Thinkging of you, your husband, and Cohen always.

I've been reading your blog and praying for you for months now. Your card is beautiful….I love how you included Elton in the ornament. I pray you will have peace this Christmas.

What a beautiful Christmas card! Christmas cards have to be one of the most fun Christmas traditions! Merry Christmas to you and a blessed New Year!

What an absolutely beautiful card…I'm glad (and I'm sure everyone else is too) that you decided to send them out.

Elton ornament on the back – super cute touch!

Merry Christmas!

I've followed your blog since reading about Cohen on thebump. Your card is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine how difficult Christmastime must be for you and your husband. Thinking of you this holiday season.

That is the best card I've seen all season – and it probably makes people cry (myself included) because it reminds each of us to remember what Christmas really is about – family – of which Cohen will ALWAYS be a part of yours. God Bless you and your family this Christmas season, and in 2011!

beautiful card!!! i looked back at your past cards, and they are super cute!! i follow you on twitter, so you are in my thoughts, and i always think of cohen! many blessings! merry christmas to you, brent, and elton! :)

Oh my gosh, it's just perfect.

Thank you again for your e-mail about my principal and the ornament. He sought me out the other day to tell me just how much he and his wife loved it and were touched by the gift. :)

Oh Megan, I LOVE your Christmas Card!! It is simply perfect!! I wish I could have thought of something like that when we lost our little girl.
    I wanted to share two links…one is to our Christmas card this year http://joejosdavdanmorrison.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-christmas-card.html and the other is to a favorite things about Christmas post too http://joejosdavdanmorrison.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-is-your-favorite-things-about.html
    Hope Brent & you have a wonderful Christmas & a great new year!! God Bless!!

Your card is just absolutely stunning! You are such a beautiful person inside and out. May this Christmas and New Year bring you all that you wish for! Sending you continued prayers!

I was catching up on your blog… I'm a regular reader and I noticed that years ago, in the post of your 2008 Christmas Card you had included the following quote:
    “I am not alone at all, I thought. I was never alone at all. And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent. For this is still the time God chooses.” – Taylor Caldwell

I hope that during these days that are tugging at your heart and reminding you of what you have lost, that you will know that you are not alone and feel God's comforting hands around you.

Your card made my eyes well up… it is beautiful. Cohen is beautiful. Cohen will always be beautiful. I can't imagine how badly you must wish he could've stayed longer… but how blessed are you to have been his mom, and to have loved him so much while he was with you? You will always have the most beautiful angel there is watching over you.

I loved your card … it made me cry, it was just so perfect! Hopefully, I'll get my New Years cards out tomorrow … I knew I wouldn't have time to get Christmas ones out. Haha!

Your Christmas card is BEAUTIFUL! I had a very hard time coming up with the wording for ours – I didn't know how to include Olivia but I didn't want to leave her out, either. Yours is perfect!

Love, love, love your card. It is so sweet and perfect. :) The picture of Elton inside is so cute. All of your previous year's cards are adorable! I should scan mine so we always have a copy…

Anyway, I posted ours on my blog: applesfalling.com.