A week ago

I can’t believe it has been a week. We are going to Dallas when Brent gets off work. We will come back with our little guy tomorrow.

His memorial service will be next Thursday, the 1st.

Still not completely back to the blog…but maybe soon.

Proverbs 3:3-6

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

I love this picture. It was taken a few hours after he was born. He was in route from Parkland to Children’s.

Thank you all for your continuous thoughts & prayers. We certainly feel them.

Thank you Tahnie for hosting the Stella & Dot fundraiser Jessica posted about below. Jessica has emailed me about several other fundraiser requests. People are amazing.

Your family is in our most tender prayers. Y'all are also on our church's prayer roll. Cling to the Lord and to each other. What a beautiful family you are and always will be. Gentle hugs and love..

Continuing to pray for you Megan, and Brent and the rest of your family. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you guys and sweet Cohen. Have a safe trip to Dallas.

I continue to think of you both. I pray that God keeps you strong during this difficult time. Cohen has touched the lives of so many all across the world. He is such a gift and will never be forgotten.

Really glad to hear from you, as we have all been thinking about you guys in blog land. Also relieved to see you leaning on the Lord during such a difficult time. Praying for you

Praying for you guys. My heart breaks for you. I know the pain of losing your firstborn – your son. And I am sorry you are going through this. Take care and have a safe trip with your little guy.

We are with you, both in our thoughts and prayers. You had an amazing son, who touched many lives in his short life here on earth…many more than most do in a lifetime. I pray for healing for both you and Brent, and that God will wrap His comforting arms around you during this time of grief. We love your sweet family…beautiful picture of the 3 of you : )

Prayers are what I can offer to you. I have been following your story and I am heartbroken for you. You are an amazing family and inspire me daily. Brooke

Praying for a safe journey. Cohen has left a spot on my heart that I know will be there forever. Thank you for sharing your story with us. ~Susan

That is a beautiful pic! Take all the time you need. We all understand! Praying for you and hoping you're doing alright! So very sorry for your loss! You seem to be so incredibly strong and I admire your strength and faith! Cohen was a precious little boy! His story touched my heart deeply! Wishing you much happiness and healing!

During my day I catch myself thinking of your family. God has a perfect plan, even though it can be so hard to see on earth. I am praying for you and keeping you in my daily thoughts. Much love, Jen

I imagine a week has felt like a lifetime for you and Brent. My thoughts and prayers are with you and have been with you.

You, Brent, your familes and precious baby Cohen are in my daily thoughts and prayers. Cohen has really touched so many..If yall need anything coming through OKC don't hesitate to contact :)

I think of you often….I dont think a day has gone by that I havnt….safe travels and I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Oh Megan, I am thinking of you and praying for you continually. My heart hurts for you, I think about you daily and pray for you all the time. I love you friend.

That picture is beautiful. I have never commented before but I've been following your blog for months and praying for you and your family. Your Faith astounds and inspires me. You are amazing people. I'm going to share my favorite comforting passage in the Bible. I hope you don't mind. Psalm 61:

1 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. 2 From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. 4 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Sweet angel Cohen is resting in the shelter of our Heavenly Father's wings. Take comfort and peace be with you.

My heart is full of emotion for you. I'm so glad you have felt the comfort of all the prayers said on your behalf.. I know there have been MANY! Thinking of you!

A gorgeous picture. Thank you for sharing one of your most private and precious moments with us.

We are praying for you and will continue.

Take care.

Hi Megan and Brent
    stumbled across your blog today and read the story of Cohen.
    I send my sympathy from Australia. Cohen was a beautiful little boy, now a beautiful angel.
    Kind regards,

My prayers are with you. I lost my daughter to cancer when she was 19 months old. Proverbs 3:5 is her life verse and it guides my daily walk. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
    God bless your family.

Megan and Brent, You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day. Your precious angel Cohen is now perfect in every way. He will live in your hearts, and the hearts of all of us, who have come to know and love him, through your sharing. May God continue to hold you, and give you comfort and peace, as you get through the next few weeks. I shed tears for you, knowing the sadness you are feeling. Love and hugs to both you and Brent.
    A Mom-Mom in NJ

Thinking and praying for you everyday. I have told many of my family and friends about your story and about sweet baby Cohen..We are all praying for your family. xo

Praying for you. Wish I had wonderful words of wisdom and comfort, but anything I would say would sound cliche. Just know that there are so many lifting you up in prayer . . .

I have no words other than, I am SO sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through and have been through. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily and I pray that you will the God's arms around you. Your precious little Cohen touched my life and from what I read, has touched many many others. Hold on to the time that you had and you will look all the more forward to heaven. I recently had someone very close to me go to meet our Maker and the words to the following link's song were how I felt. It's Mercy Me's HomeSick. Blessings…. May the Lord bless and keep you, may HIS face shine upon you and give you HIS peace.

Continuing to pray for you and Brent and your families. I will pray for your safe travels & bringing Cohen home. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures all throughout this time. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am praying for you and your family. Rest in the assurance that Cohen is doing what he was made to do – enjoying and being loved by His father in heaven!

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Your angel has touched the lives of so many of us. My heart goes out to you, Brent and your families.

megan, you are so precious. i'm so sorry you had to go through this. i've been thinking about you a lot & pray that God is comforting you. love you.