Prego Mego – Week 36

Today I am a little over 36 weeks pregnant with Cohen. In fact, I’m close to being full term! YAY.

I say yay because I’m so glad Cohen is still in there. I don’t feel like I’m about to bust or anything…just yet.

I’m feeling pretty good :) Still pretty achy. I’m okay until I’ve been sitting or laying down for a bit then it is kind of a struggle to stand up!

I love Cohen moving around. His moves are definitely very different the bigger he gets. I can feel him in multiple places. I think he moves his feet and his hands and I can feel them at the same time. I seriously think he likes to tickle me!

I’m getting so excited for Cohen’s arrival but I’m also getting quite nervous.

MY WRISTS HURT! It started about two weeks ago and seems to have gotten worse. I Googled this and supposedly it is quite common in the second half of a pregnancy to get Carpal tunnel syndrome. You can read here about it. It has lots of causes but the pregnancy ones are typically the water retention, swelling, nerve & joint changes. I wake up in the morning and feel like my wrists have broken in my sleep. It probably doesn’t help I’ve been a computer junkie at night time lately. I did have a little Carpal tunnel when I was younger and played the piano. Nothing like this.

My right arm and hand falls asleep all the time. It’s weird.

I’ve had a little bit of cramping but it seems to just be things spreading and/or Cohen getting lower. The other night I had some cramping for about half an hour. I think it was food but I wasn’t sure. I’ve never had a contraction so I don’t know what it feels like. It finally stopped so no trips to the hospital. Good thing I went to the doctor the next morning.

Does he look like he is getting lower?

{Sorry for the thermostat by my head. It was the place with the best lighting for the picture I think.}

So, I think there is quite a big difference in this week and last week! Yes!? Maybe he did gain a full pound. Last week below, this week above….

I went to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon. I know I posted about it in my post the other day, but here is some of the paragraph I posted..and more..

Cohen is doing good! They said he was measuring about 6 lbs 6 oz. That’s over a pound more than last week so the doctor said in reality, the measurement is probably half a pound on either side. So, more than likely he is right about 6 lbs 1 oz, which is still good! In the sonogram he was playing with his toes. We’ve seen him do that before a few times. I think he likes it. They also showed us his hair and gave us a picture! We are thinking he has lots :) Can’t imagine where he gets that from. It is also looking again like he has plump lips.

Here he was on Wednesday :)….

I’m not thinning or dilating yet. That is a good thing. My fluid is normal but on the low side of normal. They will check it next Wednesday and keep an eye on it. The c-section is set for June 7th unless Cohen decides he wants to come earlier or if the fluid starts decreasing quicker.

No sign of stretch marks. Still hoping they stay away! I did not gain any weight from last Thursday until this Wednesday. I’m not sure how! I can definitely tell I’m starting to retain water. My feet and hands are getting swollen and I have even been off them SO SO much more than before I moved. Maybe I need to be walking more? I don’t know though. We went to the mall and after about 10 minutes, my legs were already hurting haha.

Cohen sleeps later than I do. At first this freaked me out. I would be up in the morning for an hour or two before I ever felt him move. Then, I realized he just likes to sleep a bit longer than I am able to sleep myself.

We are getting settled in Dallas (my mom and I are here all the time and Brent is back and forth). It is still pretty weird to be here. We do have some things to prepare and get before the arrival of baby Cohen. I know I’ve already said this but I just keep thinking about how blessed we are to have a place to stay that is not an apartment or hotel and is within the distance the hospital wants us. I was just doing an estimate on a hotel room. Say we are in Dallas for 6 months and were in a hotel room averaging $60 per night. With tax and all that would probably be close to $15,000 or more. How would we have done that? We couldn’t have! So thank God for giving us something we can handle for now. Medical bills are quickly adding up and baby Cohen hasn’t even been born. Luckily, those don’t have to be paid in full. Hopefully, no one cares if it takes us yeas and years..and years to pay them : /

I got a wonderful package from Christie this week. She has so much going on and still wanted to take the time to pick Cohen out some special items :) She wrote he and I such sweet cards. Christie and I have shared many emails over the past few months and as I’ve recently posted, she just lost her heart baby, Tristan. She is so strong and I am so grateful for the encouraging words she still sends my way!

Christie let me know in her note that she prayed over all these things for Cohen :) She also helped me out in several ways by removing the tags, washing & ironing the things she sent. So sweet. She got some onesies that button up a a cute little robe that he can wear, once he is able to wear clothes, and some socks that will certainly fit his little feet! She sent a blanket aka a “guezzy”. Christie used a blanket like this for her kids and they all loved them. It has a cool side and a warm side. I think Cohen will love it, too!

Thank you so much, Christie! :)

Back to this post, I had a few emails/comments about turning the comments off. You all are probably right in saying I should have left them on because you really do want to give me support and comfort, if and when possible. You all are always so good at doing so in your comments, I just didn’t want you to feel like I was asking for them. I don’t know. I’m losing it maybe :p

I think that is all for now. I am so thankful to you all for the thoughts and prayers!! We greatly appreciate them :)

PS – On Monday I will be announcing a giveaway I’m hosting with CSN Stores :)

Comments

I can't believe the change in just 1 week!! Grow Cohen Grow!!

I had the same issues with my wrists. I ended up buying wrist braces and sleeping them. They were totally annoying, but definitely helped!

Praying for you all!

Wow you have gotten bigger since last week and Cohen has dropped! Great to hear that you don't have stretch marks- I doubt you will get them if you don't have them by now!

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

New follower, just love reading about your pregnancy. You are so sweet and your enthusiasm is definitely showing! Love your belly pics too :) I can't wait to see pictures of him soon!

hi friend! i can definitely see the change between the two weeks! he's going to be a good size boy! love it! :)

you look wonderful and you are in my prayers.

my friend got carpal tunnel during pregnancy and still wears a little wrist band. it's definitely a common thing.

Thinking of you often.

Your stomach definitely changed shape in the last week in preparation of his arrival. It's a beautiful change.

I never noticed it being pg with my first or even with me being pg at all…but after having my first, I could see the different shape in pg ladies, and it's a beautiful blessing.

I hope your wrists start to feel better.

Christi

Those wrist braces work wonders! I had to buy them during the first trimester but they worked wonders. Cohen is getting sooo big! Yay! Praying for him to hold out a little bit longer and you too!

You still look great! I haven't noticed any stretch marks on my tummy yet but did see some creeping in on my thighs and booty…NO GOOD!

He is definitely getting on down there!

I am so happy to hear that he's still cooking and gaining weight! Such a blessing!

I added your family to our e-mail prayer list that goes around to all of our church members… We are sending LOTS of prayers your way!

Hey there…
    I came across your blog a few weeks ago and I love reading about your progress.

I had to comment on the issue with your wrist. I had the same thing happen to me the last part of my pregnancy last yr. I went to the drug store and bought the wrist braces. They helped a lot but I do have to say that it last after the baby is born. I ended up packing them in my hospital bag. It does eventually stop but for me it took a while.

Good luck and take care of yourself…
    Jennifer
    Atl, GA

Hey there…
    I came across your blog a few weeks ago and I love reading about your progress.

Good luck and take care of yourself…
    Jennifer
    Atl, GA

you look so great in the latest photo! im not pregnant now, but i hope when that time comes, i look that great! i've been praying for yall and sweet baby cohen. i love following your journey and pray that the Lord will be with yall as you continue on this journey. i pray that your faith wil continue to stay strong and you will trust in the Lord.

He has definitely dropped and is ready to go. Don't worry about the stretch marks. If you don't have them by now you probably won't get them. I got covered in them by 30 weeks.
    I know you are getting ready for your moment of meeting Cohen. You can't imagine the love you will feel. I'm praying for that meeting, and for his heart, and for you.

You look adorable!!! I can't wait to see Cohen! The carpal tunnel is a major pain. I was working as a writer and couldn't even feel my hands the last month I was pregnant with my first son. It stinks to try typing all day long at work and you can't feel the keys. It went away the minute I gave birth-so strange!
    I'm praying for y'all!

thanks for the comments.. i had no idea you read my blog :)

did you know im in dallas? if you ever get bored, maybe we could meet up!

I think you are a beautiful pregnant mommy. I am praying so hard for you and your baby and will continue to follow your story!
    Isn't pregnancy the most wonderful experience?

I had the same issues with my wrists/hands in my last trimester. It took a little time after delivery, but it did go away!! Hope you continue to feel well and Cohen keeps growing!!