Sweetly Spoiled

Hi everyone :) That for all the sweet comments on my most recent update on baby Cohen. (For any new readers, I bold links. So, if something is bold, you can probably click it to link back to a post or other website.)

I’m proud to bring you a much more upbeat post, finally :)

The Mentzel’s have been spoiling us quite a bit lately! When I say us, I mean myself, hubby, Cohen & Elton. Not only have they sent us goodies, they brought us their presence…the ladies anyway! Molly & Katie came to visit yesterday morning and left this morning. We went to lunch, played, laid around & chatted, watched movies, etc. It was certainly nice to have something take my mind off everything going on for a bit. Hubby was able to get some rest yesterday while Katie and Molly entertained me.

Katie
brought us a little care package! Lots of fun goodies :) I didn’t think about it at the time quick enough to tell Katie, but Brent had been talking about making Cohen a mixed cd to play to him. He wanted to do some classical music and music we enjoy. The the iTunes card works perfectly for that!
they brought me a pretty purple bouquet of flowers :)
We went to lunch at a Mexican food place and Molly seemed to enjoy herself..we all did!
her and brent were pretty cute playing together

Katie caught Brent mid chip
Me & Katie

After lunch, we played and relaxed

A few weeks ago, the Mentzel’s sent us some of their favorite baby things :) I say “us”..but technically, Cohen! I liked seeing his name on the package.

These are the goodies that came! Sophie, Itzbeen Baby Care Timer, Baby Giggles book by Rachael Hale & Trumpette Skipper socks that look like lil sneakers.
On all the packing slips, there were little notes as to why they liked each –

These are so fun & came in 6 different colors.

Thank you Mentzel’s for all the the thoughtfulness! We love you guys!

We have such amazing friends and family. I’ve snapped pictures of a few other goodies we’ve gotten as care packages. It definitely has been bringing us some smiles and full tummies. So another pleasant post coming soon.

I have the amnio in the morning and hopefully will know the results in the next few days.

We’ve been doing a bit better the past few days. Just trying to wait for more news, as patiently as possible. I’ve had some ironic things happen and a few interesting dreams. Perhaps I’ll do a post on those soon.

I hope you guys had a good weekend.

Comments

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow! It is such a blessing to have such wonderful friends and family that you can always depend on to take care of you and bring a smile! xoxo

Hi Megan! My name is Faith and I am friends with Megan Rountree (http://www.talesofthetrees.com/. She sent me over to your blog. I just want you to know that you and your precious family are in my prayers. I know a lot of what you are going through, my oldest son Gavin was diagnosed in-utero with Hypolastic left heart syndrome. He is now a happy 3 year old. I am thinking the same dr. that diagnosed your baby, diagnosed mine! We live right outside of Tulsa, if you want send me an email I would love to chat with you!!! Again, keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!!!
    Much love, Faith afgk03@gmail.com

Slumdog Millionaire is such a great movie! It comes highly recommended… I have never heard of that timer.. I think I am going to research it right now. Good luck this week and I am glad you and Brent enjoyed yourselves this weekend. Take care!

I wanted to come out of my lurk mode and tell you I have been praying for you daily. I am a mom of a child who was born with serious medical issues..he has had 19 brain operations . I just wanted you to know there is a mom in Florida praying for you and yoru sweet family.

We were glad to come and play AND shower y'all with some loves! You always take the cake when it comes to being thoughtful, so I was just trying to return the favor!

Glad y'all will put the itunes card to good use! I was kinda thinking along the same lines! or that y'all could download tv shows or movies since y'all might be traveling more and what not!

Your positive attitude can and will get you through anything, Megan. That's a wonderful gift to have :)

Cute gift baskets! Glad you have great family/friends to depend on.

Continually praying for you, girl!

I have been reading your blog for a while now and I just wanted to send well wishes and prayers your way. By reading I can tell that you have the right idea about everyone having a path and a purpose in life. I know that this is true, so through any hard times you have just know that you and your precious baby Cohen are right where you are supposed to be and that God will carry you all. Also know that you are being caring and supportive parents to your sweet baby already. I hope things get easier for you.

Molly can make anyones day better with that sweet smile!! I love Katie's pis of her playing in the kitchen set you have! Making you some eggs, HUH? YAY for great friends! In my prayers!

What a great blessing to be surrounded by such uplifting and thoughtful friends! We were praying for you during the amnio-I hope it went quickly and that you were calm and not nervous. Still praying for Cohen's little heart!

Found your blog through Kelly, we are near Houston in The Woodlands area and Texas Children's is a great hospital. I have a few friends that have had to use them and they were so pleased! We are praying for Cohen and his healing. I was also going to tell you that we love our ITZBEEN – it was used as a flashlight, breastfeeding tracker and more. It is such a great invention!