So tonight Brent, myself and Jamie sat at our house and watched Dateline & 20/20. We love these shows and have been known to do this Friday night or not. We ate healthy and rested 🙂
On Dateline was a story of a women who fought for her husband’s innocence for about 8 years. He was accused and sentenced for raping & killing her 58 year old mother and raping and beating her 6 year old niece. Needless to say, she figured out…pretty much on her own…that he was not the killer. Impressive work she did. The neighbor of her mother did it, creeper. Anyways, the man was in jail for about 8 year and is very depressed. Their marriage didn’t survive either, sad.
OKAY – On 20/20, there were a few topics..I’ll attach a link to ABC for each story.
1) “Childbirth’s Best-Kept Secret” – Having an orgasm WHILE giving birth.
**I thought this was interesting but odd.
2) “Breast-feeding past infancy: ‘I’m comforting him’ – Mom’s who nurse their children past infancy stages.http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=6551439&page=1
**I think this is just not something that will end up being sexually and emotionally healthy for the mind of a growing child/teen/etc…
3) “Serial Surrogates” – two women who did this over 10 times.
**I think this is great! kudos.
4) “Mothers-to-be Saying No to Modern Medicine” – Giving birth at home while in water with the help of a midwife.
**I don’t really have an opinion. I understand the want to do this though. I tend to have paranoia so I do not believe that I’d be sane enough. I’d be scared shitless.
5) “Beyond Baby Dolls” – Women carrying around fake but very real looking dolls. They act as though these are their real babies. The change them, create a nursery, buy things from baby stores, etc..
**I feel extremely sad for these people. I guess I could understand the want to have a baby but I hope they have some (professional) to talk to about this. Especially because their dolls stay an infant.
I do not think 1 & 4 will apply to me if I ever give birth because I will be having a c-section (according to my doctor). As for 5, I’ll adopt before I carry a doll around
What do you all think about these topics???
sweet dreams! ~ Megan