Quick week here and I still wanted to do this post!
- Brent has been out of town for a bit and the kiddos have a bit of a tummy bug, mostly Knox. We had a long night last night. Hopefully he is on the mend!
- We've mostly cuddled and watched movies for two days. They are finally at a point where they will sit almost through an entire movie. More so Knox than Sloane. We are thinking we may take them to see Frozen soon. Here we are watching Mulan last night, and though it's an awful picture, I still love to look back and see how they shared my lap. They've never had a choice :)
- I added some pretty new burlap things to Heart & Home this week. I love them all.
Here is an actual picture I took ;)
- I've been craving spaghetti squash lately. How AMAZING to these look!? I've never done them as boats like this either. Definitely adding this to my make list!
- I had a partial physical done yesterday with my PCP. She's awesome and truly a good doctor. I never mind waiting at the doctor's office and she's the reason why. She will talk to me as long as it takes. So if you are one with PCOS, this may make more sense, but I've been on Metformin for a little over two years, consistently now. Well, in November I kept forgetting to take my morning pill, and for some reason I thought I needed to take one in the evening and one in the morning, which wasn't the case. So, I stopped taking the morning pill all together. Since November, I've gained 7 lbs : / I absolutely knew I had gained weight as it's all in my tummy. I knew I had eaten more over the holidays, but I knew I had been craving more. It didn't click to have correlation with the Metformin. So she explained cutting my Metformin in half was why. Oops. My body simply does not process insulin. Unfortunately, my PCOS is a pre-cursor for diabetes, in my situation, so she drew lots of lab work to have eveeeerrrrything check and see if we can get an idea of where I stand on that. She said being gluten free alone I really probably wouldn't gain more than I weigh and most likely slowly lose. So, I'm back to where I'm supposed to be with my dosage.
She does think my PCOS and body acts as it does because of all the years I ate gluten and didn't know I couldn't : /
I've had lab work done on Knox and his looked okay, but I still need to do Sloane. If hers shows any indication, I'll take her completely off gluten, so that hopefully she won't have the PCOS.
Oh, she also thinks I have a bit of ADD. lovely.
- The snow has pretty much all melted away. For the amount of ice and snow mix, it didn't take long! On Sunday this is what we were seeing and today it's beautiful out.
- I hosted a fundraiser dinner, Carbs For A Cure, the other night and it was a fun time with many of our friends. If you came out, thank you! I failed at taking pictures and only got one! Our big event is in April. If you are interested in going or donating to Cystic Fibrosis, please let me know :)